Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE40NU7120 weird sound drop out problem

(Topic created on: 07-10-2018 11:07 PM)
Pauljedi
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Just bought this TV two days ago and while using my Xbox one X I have noticed the sound drops out while playing a game. I have tried two different HDMI cables.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
FBrow
Student
Options
Hey, did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I've just bought this TV and I have the exact same problem with my PS4.
0 Likes
Carfu
Student
Options

I’m also having this exact same issue. There are small, but regular sound drop outs whilst I am using my connected PS4. It occurs when playing games, watching blu-rays and using the NowTv app. 

I’ve also tried connecting my Humax YouView box and noticed the exact same issue. I’ve tried changing HDMI cables. Seems to be an issue with any device connected via HDMI to any of the three HDMI sockets. 

I’ve had the TV a few days and I was going to just exchange it, but as this seems pretty common maybe it would be safer to return it whilst I have that option. 

0 Likes
Pauljedi
Apprentice
Options

No, sadly I didn't find a solution to the problem. I just returned the TV and got a refund.

FBrow
Student
Options

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Looks like that's going to be the best option for me too.

0 Likes
Pauljedi
Apprentice
Options

Samsung will probably fix it later with a firmware update but I wasn't going to risk it.

0 Likes
Carfu
Student
Options

That’s what I was thinking - could be a risk waiting to see if there ever is a fix. Shame as  it’s a nice set apart from this sound issue. 

Just out of interest, which set did you go for instead? I need to find an alternative 40” set. 

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

We've had this issue on a Q7F 2017 model TV playing from a Humax PVR, usually turning off the PVR and back on resolves it.  If you haven't tried that, perhaps try turning the source off then back on to resync it back up.

To be fair, Samsung TVs come with a number of bugs and issues it is better to take it back for a refund and spend your money elsewhere.

As for waiting for a firmware update to fix it, don't.  First of all they never give out any release notes on what the firmware changes, and all recent Samsung TVs suffer juddering issues on certain footage, we get it on our 2017 model and umpteen firmware updates later still not fixed, and a recent review of their flagship 2018 model also has the same issues.

You can't even get anyone to engage with you either here or their support to listen to issues and pass them on, unless you are prepared to put in a lot of effort to get past 1st line outsourced support that just want you to turn the TV off for 30 minutes or do a factory reset.

Samsung should stick to making phones, TVs they can't do very well.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
RobbieR
First Poster
Options

Hi, I recently had same problem with my nu7120 but I called Samsung and they were extremely helpful and sent out an engineer too me. He changed the board in the back of the tv, tweak a few things and now works perfectly. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RobbieR wrote:

Hi, I recently had same problem with my nu7120 but I called Samsung and they were extremely helpful and sent out an engineer too me. He changed the board in the back of the tv, tweak a few things and now works perfectly. 

That's the way to deal with problems.  If ur does not work correctly out of the box or stops working correctly then it is normally a fault. Always report to your retailer and often a new main board fixes everything. 

0 Likes