Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE40NU7120 weird problem

(Topic created on: 16-09-2018 05:26 PM)
DarnedJt
First Poster
Options

So bought it just over a month ago, so can no longer return to Amazon, and have had constant problems with it resetting itself and taking ages to turn on. Last week found out that problem was possibly down to a bad plug socket. Since then turned it off at the wall every night before I went to sleep, allowing around half an hour of putting it on standby, turned it on as I wanted to go on it, except last night when I forgot to turn it off at the wall.

Today went to turn it on and it took a bit longer to load up than usual and then the screen photographed came up DSC_0108.JPG

All the menus also looked like this and it would take to long to get to the reset in the menu as it turns it self off. I haven't been able to find anyone else experiencing this problem.

Does anyone have any experience/ideas about this?

Edit: After multiple attempts the tv reset itself, meaning that i had to set it up again.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarlH
Options

Hi @DarnedJt. Are you able to open the menu and go to Support > Software Update? Just checking to see if there's a newer version available. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@DarnedJt wrote:

So bought it just over a month ago, so can no longer return to Amazon, and have had constant problems with it resetting itself and taking ages to turn on. Last week found out that problem was possibly down to a bad plug socket. Since then turned it off at the wall every night before I went to sleep, allowing around half an hour of putting it on standby, turned it on as I wanted to go on it, except last night when I forgot to turn it off at the wall.

Today went to turn it on and it took a bit longer to load up than usual and then the screen photographed came up DSC_0108.JPG

All the menus also looked like this and it would take to long to get to the reset in the menu as it turns it self off. I haven't been able to find anyone else experiencing this problem.

Does anyone have any experience/ideas about this?

Edit: After multiple attempts the tv reset itself, meaning that i had to set it up again.

Amazon still have to conform to consumer law. They have a 120 day support,  so contact them and tell them it is faulty. Did you buy from Amazon and not a third party,  in which you could have section 75 credit card protection. Also Samsung support may help. I do know Amazon support are good in the first 6 months. 

Paul

DaveC
Student
Options

No matter where you purchased the TV you have statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.  The best source of good, accurate information on this is here:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Do not try to 'fix' the problem yourself as this will affect your rights under this legislation.