Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web browser

(Topic created on: 16-02-2020 05:56 PM)
Loz55
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have a samsung tv with smart hub, when I’m on the smart hub there is no web browser option , so I have no idea how to get on the internet, the tv is set up for internet.

Any advice please

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
AndrewL
Options
@Zaur: What is the model number of your TV? Some members above have noticed that support for the Internet browser is missing in some earlier models, so this may be why you're having issues, therefore you may wish to check the App Store on the TV to find supported apps for your favourite sites or services.
0 Likes
SimonLewis
First Poster
Options

For some reason the built in browser is unable to access any sites beginning with https, http sites are fine but all others generate a "server not found" error.  I have checked for updates and there is nothing showing for download to USB higher than 1033.2

I have checked for updates via the TV and nothing is available.  My current software version is T-GAP8DEUC-10332.

I'm also unable to use BBC iPlayer

Any suggestions?

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @SimonLewis! It does seem that the TV is running on the latest software version. Is the TV connected to a network or a Wi-Fi connection? Also, do a reset of the TV: Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. 

0 Likes
angelpl
Apprentice
Options

@CarloL

This is a known problem with Samsung Smart TV's "WebBrowser" not supporting HTTPS (secure websites)

My TV is a Samsung Smart TV UE46D8000YSXXH - its been upgraded to latest f/w: T-GAP8DEUC_1033.2 yet the problem still persists.

The Webbrowser apps does not support HTTPS sites and this as ben highlighted many times by your customers on these forums and else where.

Why is this issue still persisint, why isnt SAMSUNG fixing such a simple issue by their releasing a compatible browser app that works with HTTP/443 websites or fix the good ***** firmware to get CA certs updated.

I have a expensive TV bough manay years that still works fine in everythign else but simply webbrowsing I cant do no more?

Looks like Samsumg wants us to ditch our TV's and buy new, yes we will buy new but wont be a Samsung anymore.

Inline
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung UE55D6530 Smart TV and when using the web browser and trying to go on a website, this error message displays;

Screenshot.png

Anyone know why this could be happening?

Also is Youtube & Netflix Applications supported on this TV anymore? Thanks!

0 Likes
Creed1
First Poster
Options

same problem here  google search works  so i have internet connection but can’t access websites AFF7C8C6-CB76-4EF9-A497-2C27E53952D0.png

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Inline: Due to a lack of Flash Player support on the internet browser you will find that you're unable to access streaming sites such as Netflix, YouTube etc. Are you still able to access other websites? I recommend checking the App store to see if Netflix is available there, however as your TV is an older model the app may no longer be supported.
Inline
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Inline: Due to a lack of Flash Player support on the internet browser you will find that you're unable to access streaming sites such as Netflix, YouTube etc. Are you still able to access other websites? I recommend checking the App store to see if Netflix is available there, however as your TV is an older model the app may no longer be supported.

I can't access other websites on the web brwoser, only look at the search results on Google. There is also no Netflix or Youtube in the app store.

0 Likes
Royn76
First Poster
Options

Have a TV UE48H6700XXU VERSION NO:01 S/N H0WW3SFG100177E  and I am getting the message that I need to update the browser. Any ideas pleas

0 Likes
geos2097
Apprentice
Options

Samsung TV Premium model 2016 uses 2014 web browser , downgraded with 2020 update
https://youtu.be/c4VDPW_e9P8

0 Likes