Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 09-02-2019 02:37 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Hi to all. Spoke to samsung im sure your all well aware now that samsung feel it is exceptable for your tv's to make sounds of clicking/popping when tv is turned off as they say. So i asked them about my tv being fully on for 15 hours and making clicking sounds and they also refuse my rant at them that there using below quality components and there casings are cheap, oh they dont like that at all so after i explain that my tv is in a posistion fully aired and on its original stand on a secure unit. They still cant seem to except we are all right and just want to send guys out to replace parts. Even after me explaining that all the people complaining and having repairs haha and new sets still straight over there heads. I get the feeling its not them and its us with the problem oh it is lol. There is only one thing you can do as ive allready said let them fix once if not happy get money back. You can always email the ceo direct in samsung with your woes just got ssung website but too be honest your probably got more chance of a present from father christmas. What we have been sold is a turkey and this is the best bit the tv does everything correctly 'yes' but it makes sounds you dont want it to.mmmm  so now i love the post samsung put up about the cracking/popping sound brought to our attention from andrescy but how long before a post goes up saying oh yeah the tv might do it as well while on and been on too long it has to come. But the call manager did not like my its made of cheap components part. Oh i insult thy honour. How dare i.  All in all youve got a great tv get fin over it rice krispies snap crackle and pop. Just remember there was a guy who said it stopped after 8 months and one who said it does it now and then after a year and i believe there qled. Mines isnt but mines is bigger lol remember if you dont like it use headphones theres the solution free headphones all round was the cry. Maybe i could work for samsung you bring the problem i give the solution. Keep the chin up weve been bumped xx

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options
Hi im back god i missed you all i had my screen replaced on the 75 inch nu8000 and it was on friday the 1st of february and today its the 7th of feb the tv was perfect no noises fantastic and guess what just like i said from day one on here its a case of HONEY IM HOME yes our friend has returned so the samsung people who i slated for using cheap materials and screen the new one and diffrent model so theybsay the engineer didvsay it was a different code no.. it was made in slovakia no offence inttended. But i think there is something wrong with this so here we go again i aint paying full price for this they can sook ma eggs. As ao and engineer said to me i have to let them try atleast once i have now so i keep you informed. Its been cleared its not the casing but to the people who see there tv on stands and being treated likeva peice of cxxx you will see whats making the noise its the big screen metal backed panel. Now i gave first screen 3 months powered on an screen on 15 hra a day yeahfor real im housebound so thats over 1200 hrs now this one has just started giving wee click here weeclick there oh go on maybe a wee click every where. Lol. Not enough to smash it yet but i know its coming after fellow posters saying new ones it started after 2 weeks one and 3 weeks other. Im going for discount or the lg 75 which is cheaper
0 Likes
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options

I’ve not believed the “it’s the plastic housing” ***** from day one, I know what that would sound like and to me it sounds nothing like it, which repair companies are agreeing with now 👍🏼

I was told over 2weeks ago that their “Customer Relations Team” would contact me with some sort of plan of action and I’ve heard NOTHING from them, so I’ve informed them that myself and a few other owners that have been in contact with me, who have exactly the same issues, have been in contact with Watchdog (who to my surprise are actually keen to look into the issues we’ve had and the way we are being treated)

So it’ll be interesting to see if they can be bothered to contact me now?!! 

My advice to all is to keep a copy of EVERY conversation you have with their staff from which ever department that can actually be bothered to spk to you, and get video footage of your TVs making the sound! 

I will post back with any progress made my end as I feel it’s disgusting that they’re continuing to treat their customers so badly and blatantly lie to them! 

0 Likes
Robbie9865
Student
Options

Just returned from curry’s and they have agreed to replace it for the 3rd time but will have to wait as they are awaiting new stock I’m hoping it’s maybe from a different batch and won’t have the same issues. I can’t thank James at Curry’s Coatbridge highly enough as he has went above and beyond his way to help me pity I can’t say the same for Samsung who’s customer service has been nothing short of shocking will keep used posted when new tv eventually arrives 

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Who on here has posted a problem with ticking sound on screen of a      nu 8000 tv?

0 Likes
Andresxmiller
Apprentice
Options

Me

0 Likes
Steve31204
Journeyman
Options
Yeah me, about to get my nu8000 picked up, and refunded.
Bought the original in July 2018 and had it replaced twice. All units do the same thing.
Jeff02
Explorer
Options
Goodman not an other person thinking 3 times maybe it will work just the two. Where did u buy it from? Steve. I got mines delivered from ao on the 30 oct 18 basically did it since day once. 2nd new model panel is doing the same so weve had the tv might make this noise when turned off is acceptable routine but my problem on both is on heating up and off cooling down. Now forgive me but i will explain for those people who havent listened im basically housebound i had first panel on tv powered on with sreen and sound on to be clear fully on duh. Since the 1st nov to th 31st jan 19 for 15 hrs a day thinking the click would go but no it did not. Now heres point whocares! If tv has been on in a room on a stable floor unit plenty of airspace around tv and it was doing it late at night from being on in morn 9 am well it cant be a heating up problem. Now the new panel that samsung have admitted there is a problem with the ones weve had meaning the new panel is a different model panel and this is the one to fix this tick click sound has done it since 1st feb 2019 now ive given this two weeks nearly, an yeah it still does it so now what. Now Do i go with with most of you and think 3rd will fix it lol no because weve had the after 3rd fix people say thats it i want my money back duh. So i think we can all agree theres something wrong and now maybe to opt for lg or toshiba ive not got a clue i think i will just go back to my philips 42 hd tv that has a sun glare setting not like this peice of poo poo. The boy in coatbridge or who dealt with coat bridge get your money back now or get the finance deal scrapped dont let currys take you for a dafty x
0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

Hi to all more steve. Yeah samsung will send an engineer out to renew replace tvs till kingdom come. Interesting today though they say this is a thermal thing cant say issue as then that to me would be a fault.now i told them first panel was powered on fully on picture sound atleast 15 hrs a day for 90 days and it was still making the expansion contraction sounds at night time so in my eyes the tv should be at optimum temperature yes. Well thats what i think but im just a joiner so i know about heat and expansion and contraction. Now i know i wont be buying another samsung product which is a shame their phones are good. Now to the people who are in the uk your legal right is to let manufacturer being samsung one attempt then they have to take it back as it is not fit for purpose.

0 Likes
Robbie9865
Student
Options

24 hours now since I received my 3rd 65” QLED tv and I’m happy to report I’ve now got the tv that I hoped I was buying not a sound of it seems my persistence has paid off

0 Likes