Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 25-01-2019 09:50 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options

You will! I’ve had 2 Q7FN’s that made the clicking sound, and after Samsung sent out a repair company who couldn’t resolve either of them I went back and paid the difference to have the Q9FN, which arrived yesterday. I was super happy with audio and visuals all of last night and today, and then this evening this sodding TV has started doing it!!!!! 🤬🤬 

Only difference is on the Q7’s the sound was coming from the lower left hand corner of the panel (if looking from the front) and the Q9 sounds more central!! 

Now I don’t know what to do, I’m so tired of trying to get this sorted! 

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the CIA are using these TVs to torture people at these black sites you hear about in films!!! 

0 Likes
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options
Mine came from Currys PCWorld, I originally bought a Q7 which did it, they replaced like for like and that one did it as well, Samsung even sent out a repair company to check it out and they couldn’t fix it! So off I went back down to the store to get some sort of solution, and ended up paying the difference for the Q9 which arrived yesterday, and would you believe it, this sodding tv has started doing it tonight!!!!!
0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

Guys

This is shame! The issue is coming from wrong design and is not electronic fault in my honest opinion.

This hapens to all latest Samsung models q6 , 7, 9. I also found forum topics in USA regarding this issue which means is general issue for samsung tvs and not for secific regional models.

In my case the issue start after 5-10minutes I turned on the TV and plastic/metal parts start heating. 

My TV retailer suggest me a third tv replacement and in house insection with samsung technician or pay the difference for better model in that case q7 or switch to LG OLD with 900 euro extra.  I will give a try for 3rd TV replace first.

Again this is unaceptable situation for a prenium TVs! 

Samsung knows about this and they issue official statement regarding this but they promote it as a non issue situation to avoid mass TV replacements!  ( like apple : they call a bug as a feature )

read this article here : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108743/

The fraud in that case they don't label this situation on the TV case to let people decide if they want to buy the product including the clicking noise! Samsung hides this issue from customer unless they come accross and do some research to find this official statement.

DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options

See I don’t think it’s heat related at all, it happens far too frequently for that. I found on the Q7’s the noise was coming from the bottom left, and you’d think with heat rising the noise would come more from the top like it appears to be from the Q9! 

Regardless it’s disgusting that a company like Samsung are getting away with charging so much money for a product that is faulty out of the box!!

0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@DuckJuggler wrote:

See I don’t think it’s heat related at all, it happens far too frequently for that. I found on the Q7’s the noise was coming from the bottom left, and you’d think with heat rising the noise would come more from the top like it appears to be from the Q9! 

Regardless it’s disgusting that a company like Samsung are getting away with charging so much money for a product that is faulty out of the box!!

In my case the noise is come sometimes from top left and sometimes top right! 

Just to note, do you have your TV with stand or wall mounted? Mine is wall mounted, i tried many ways to avoid the noise but  I never tried to leave the TV on stand..

I beleive is heat related due to the sound starts 5-10 mins after i turn on the TV, at this time the TV modules start heating and expanding... 

0 Likes
DuckJuggler
First Poster
Options

The plan was to walk mount but after discovering the dreaded clicking decided moving them even closer to a wall would prob only make it more noticeable, so all 3 that I’ve had have all been on the stand. 

And sorry, when I said I didn’t think it was heat related I meant it wasn’t the bullcrap Samsung are apparently suggesting with the plastics getting hot, it’s most likely an inferior electrical component not doing its job properly with the heat.

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options
Maybe people will listen to you bravo mind read the link its brilliant. Bearing in mind people turn the heat of at night and on in the morning you know what i mean. For this tv to work perfect it needs kept in an incubator at a perfect temperature to stop clicking finally problem solved. Kaching thats samsung with our money as these tvs whatever models have been doing this since january 2018 is the earliest review ive read and there exactly just like all our purchases in aug oct nov dec jan. What a shame it cant be fixed your only option is to except default with money off/back.
0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options
Mines is on flat surface on its secure stand away from heat source
0 Likes
andreascy
Explorer
Options

@DuckJuggler wrote:

The plan was to walk mount but after discovering the dreaded clicking decided moving them even closer to a wall would prob only make it more noticeable, so all 3 that I’ve had have all been on the stand. 

And sorry, when I said I didn’t think it was heat related I meant it wasn’t the bullcrap Samsung are apparently suggesting with the plastics getting hot, it’s most likely an inferior electrical component not doing its job properly with the heat.

The retailer suggest me to put the TV on stand but i disaggree because I want the TV mounted. If is a soultion to be on stand this solution does not meet my needs!

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options
So all our complaints and engineers cant say what is making the noise. I said back casing from beginning and i like the persons post on design of back sounds good to me. Im going to make sure i get my moneys worth out of samsung with replacement parts
0 Likes