Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 25-12-2018 06:21 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
BWC
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung 75" Class (74.5" Diag.) 4K UHD LED LCD TV (UN75NU800DFXZA) from Costco.  I also hear a click noise with the power off.  TV works fine otherwise.  I don't care what materials were used or what the temperature is, I didn't spend $1600 (USD) for a TV to make a clicking noise.  I'll be calling Samsung.  Might also consider taking it back.  

I also purchased a Samsung soundbar but the sound bar Auto Power Link doesn't work.  Completely ridiculous.  How can two products both purchase in 2018 (18 years into the 21st century) by the same company not have this basic function not work correctly.

Chrisakehurst67
Student
Options

Once I installed this at the back the static cracking noise dissappearedOnce I installed this at the back the static cracking noise dissappeared

0 Likes
BWC
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.  However, I'm not sure what this is a picture of.  Can you explain what type of device this photo is?

0 Likes
Chrisakehurst67
Student
Options
It's a small plastic square with a male type of interface plug which is plugged into a slot in the middle of the back of the TV. It came in the box with the TV and cables etc

We didn't know what it was for so never plugged it in....
2 days of cracking noise until I tried plugging the 5v interface......bingo!! No interfering noises anymore!!
0 Likes
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

interesting but I don't think I've seen this thing in the box content and now I got rid of the box.
I cannot see any slot in the back of the TV,is the slot inside the area that is covered by that plastic sheet?

0 Likes
Chrisakehurst67
Student
Options

Rear of the interface which shows the plugRear of the interface which shows the plug

Came in the boxCame in the box

Slots in the Right hand sideSlots in the Right hand side

We have zero issues after plugging this 5v common interface in 

0 Likes
BWC
Apprentice
Options

So, it was my mistake to open this question on the Samsung Europe website.  This common interface is described here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Interface

As I see it:

1) This should have nothing to do with the issue I'm describing.  That said, who knows, maybe it would.

2) My TV here in the USA has this opening but it is permanently sealed closed with a piece of plastic.  So this is not an option for me.

Thank you for the information.

ljo
Journeyman
Options

This doesn't work for me sadly 😞 I hope someone finds a fix because this is horrible, paid 1000 bucks for this otherwise TV which has this stupid fault which completely ruins it for me.

0 Likes
ljo
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
Chrisakehurst67
Student
Options
I turned TV off. Plugged the power cable separately to the Sky box, bought a new top grade HDMI cable and still the crackling/interference noise was still there but not as bad until I plugged the interface in. I now have a crystal clear sound.
I am in UK so unsure about you guys over the water
0 Likes