Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 20-06-2019 04:09 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
ForrestTheGump
First Poster
Options
Just came to say I also have the same issue with the nu8000 75 inch. Just had my panel replaced.

Issue is definitely not resolved.

Samsung helloooooo
0 Likes
JDWOW
First Poster
Options

Same Issue My 75NU8000 clicks from the back when turned on and turned off.  Update Firmare to 1260 was done and I'll check again today but the click seemed less after the reset and firmware update. But lets be honest my TV was on during all that time for at least 2 hours. And the reset just factory my backlight settinga and Dynamic to Standard which most likely lessened the clicking. I want to know if anyone has had this fixed legit. All the post I see here is ongoing. 

0 Likes
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

Tech support from Samsung is comming tommorow for my TV (65NU8000). They said that regional service from Samsung Europe told them to fix it by replacing panel. I will update how it wwnt. At this point I would rather just get my money back and buy Sony.

0 Likes
damac78
Pioneer
Options

Yes, the Firmware will never fix this issue as it is harware/design related. If it clicks less, definately because brightness has gone back due to using "standard" instead of "Dynamic". Which is not a solution of course.

0 Likes
damac78
Pioneer
Options

@MiroB wrote:

Tech support from Samsung is comming tommorow for my TV (65NU8000). They said that regional service from Samsung Europe told them to fix it by replacing panel. I will update how it wwnt. At this point I would rather just get my money back and buy S***.

Well, if you have a GOOD panel now, I would call them and tell them not to bother. Chances are VERY high you will end up with a bad Panel plus the klicking. Exchanging the Panel does not solve the Problem. As replacing the Back Panel and Power supply does not solve anything.  The only solution is getting your Money back or exchanging for another TV. Either a Samsung that does not have this issue (50% chance) or as you said - another brand. My solution was the latter...

0 Likes
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

I talked to tech guy on phone, told him that changing panel will not solve issue as it is design flaw. He said that that he knows, but he has to do it because someone above him told him to do it. I will go with the flow and see how it goes.

0 Likes
mbliss11
First Poster
Options

Love that the techs know this and still waste the time and money doing the replacements anyway.  Samsung are you seeing this???  I went down the rabbit hole with replacing the boards and then decided against the panel swap because mine was nice no defects and great contrast and picture.  I updated to the new firmware last night doubt it will do anything but will try her out tonight. 

Make sure you really scrutinize your panel replacement when it is done.  Look for vertical banding, dead pixels, poor contrast, picture quality, etc.  Keep us posted. 

0 Likes
Garryd1
Apprentice
Options

A question to the guys getting refunds and then getting a different tv . Are you able to get a refund from Samsung or does it have to be the retailer ?

0 Likes
Dizzle
Student
Options

fry’s gave me a store credit.  I stupidly used it to get the same TV and have been dealing with the clicking again.  Thought it wouldn’t happen twice - but was wrong. 

Nos I’m just hoping the clicking goes Away in time. 

0 Likes
MiroB
Journeyman
Options

Just update on my situation. Samsung tech replaced my panel. They picked up TV in 10 AM and returned in in 4 hours with brand new panel (it even had thet protective foil over it). Panel itself is ok, no visible malfunctions.

As for clicking, it is still there. It is much more quieter and much more lower in volume, at the point that if you don't expect it you probably wouldn't notice it. But it is still there...

Now I am going back and forth about return it. As today is national holiday in my country (non-working day) I have until tommorow to decide because they have asked me to call them back with return information about clicking.

Really don't know what to do.

0 Likes