Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 12:50 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
simatoran
First Poster
Options

@Tuben wrote:

My TV had this problem, but today it just stopped making the sounds. It used to pop several times per minute. So strange, but now I feel happy. 

Hello.. How long have you had the TV? And how long had it been doing it before it stopped making these cracking sounds?

0 Likes
johnzp
Apprentice
Options

In my case samsung has changed power supply board and led panel even, but the noise did not disappear..IMG_20190306_211208.jpg

IMG_20190307_184309.jpg

IMG_20190307_185436.jpg

0 Likes
Tuben
First Poster
Options

@simatoran wrote:

@Tuben wrote:

My TV had this problem, but today it just stopped making the sounds. It used to pop several times per minute. So strange, but now I feel happy. 

Hello.. How long have you had the TV? And how long had it been doing it before it stopped making these cracking sounds?

I bought it around Christmas 2018, so about 3 months. It's been cracking since I got it but I didn't bother to replace it because the process is so annoying. Someone here said their cracking went away after 6 months so I was hoping for something similar.

0 Likes
WentzLV
Journeyman
Options

@WentzLV wrote:

My Q6FN (55") started to make popping noise in 3rd day. Starts rougly ~5 mins after turning on the TV. First two hours ~15-20 second interval a crack. After 2-3 hours very rarely cracks can be heard. When turned off, again cracking  with ~20 sec interval about hour or more. Really annoying while you're sleeping you can hear those cracks really loud.

I took my TV to Samsung warranty repair and as I was told they changed power supply.  According to them annoying cracks are gone. I'll get my TV tomorrow to test it myself. Hopefully its working properly now. I'll post an update soon.

Subtitle blooming issue is another downside for this TV.. 

> So, I just got TV from service.

> They changed power supply.

> I just turned TV on with all HDMIs.

As soon as I turned TV on I could hear really tiny clicks (If before click noise was 10/10, then now its 3/10) but only few like 5, 6 within 1-3 mins.. and after nothing.  No clicks at all like it was before. For now I will keep TV on for few hours and then turn it off to listen if it clicks when turned off.

Edit:

>  After ~30 mins TV being ON I could hear clicks again... 6-8 with 1 minute inerval..  But not as loud as before. Next clicks was with ~2 min interval or more but this time little louder.  After some time I could hear a click rarely.  I can live with this (while watching TV with sound you can barely hear those clicks) but if it clicks for 1,5h after turned OFF...  fu*c that it's anoying!!!

Tommy2Times
Explorer
Options

Hi Robbie, how you getting on now with the 3rd replacement of a different batch. I am myself expecting a replacement from Currys today as my Q7FN is also having this ticking/clicking issue. I've kept note of the original batch number so i can compare the replacement. Seems like its luck of the draw in most cases!

0 Likes
Mon6
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I have the same crackling / popping issue as stated above on my 65'Q7FN. Ordered from Currys and Samsung have asked Group FX to replace my panel as the batch number (made in Slovakia) suggests it's faulty. Reading through the thread and not sure if I picked up this being a panel issue before?  

0 Likes
Baz2011uk
Apprentice
Options
I have had the 65" nu8000 since Jan 2019 and still waiting for a fix to sort out the clock last sat a replacement panel was fitting and this has made the issue louder and ticking is not just from the lower left but also sounds like its coming from the top right now due another visit this Thursday but they are not sure what to try next if this visit is a no fix I will be requesting a refund and look at either an LG or Sony any recommendations? That match the nu8000
0 Likes
Steve31204
Journeyman
Options

Sony Bravia KD65X8500F

0 Likes
Baz2011uk
Apprentice
Options

Another engineer out today didn't even take it off the wall and was told they want to take it away for around 10 days OK give me a replacement to use in the meantime but didn't have one to offer so sent them packing called Samsung and they don't give a monkeys nuts they will not replace the TV or refund me and told me I have to let them take it I was well I let you try 1 repair and that made it worse they was very unhelpful happy for you to try again either at my home or take it away but give me a loan tv in the meantime but they won't budge not sure where to go from here apart from knocking it off the wall and claim on house insurance I ordered it online from co op electrical but they have now stopped trading so don't know what route to take from here apart from let them take the TV and go without for best part of 2 weeks

0 Likes
Jeff02
Explorer
Options

ook they have been taking us all for mugs if you bou. im not like the turkeys letting them try 5 times to sort asht from samsung your ***** they only want to keep changing trying new thing to fix this , it cant be fixed its a thermal issue luckily i bought mines from ao electrical and on all the reading i did on this ttv nu800 75 inch there was no way i was getting messed about the way so many people have been over the last year. it cant be fixed i had thenew panel fitted it didnt work i new it wouldnt work but by uk law you have to give them one opportunity to fix and if not fixed you are entitled to a refund well thats british consumer law, dont ask demand i made it clear to sung and ao i give one attempt and then the tv goes thats the only option i gave the cant fix it as its a design flaw. iwent from a nu8000 75 inch tv priced at £1800 to a lower model nu7400 65 inch for £650 that has  everything the dearer one does apart from one less hdmi slot boo hoo it still has freesat and freeview play from usb record etc. the sounds fabulous and it has the tizen operating system fab for sptv for iptv at a one of cost of 5.89. now the nu8000 is 2500 nits the nu7400 is 1700nits but if you can get the nu7470 that has 1800nits but all these tvs have all the same feature. i can honestly say the nu7400 is fantastic and the best picture you cant really notice the difference on screen and the features are the same. get your oled taken back there ***** for wide viewing angles and overprice samsung had did me a favour i had the nu8000 for 4months on for 16nhrs aday and when the change over to 65 inch i didnt notice any difference apart from the whopping 1150 pound i saved. so thanks samsung i now no these tvs inside out and am overjoyed for this peice of kit it has everything. take no for an answer. this is crushing samsung with the qs and nus all doing the same thing and there is nothing they can do as they still havent a clue.  i love reading you stories of woe but ive told you since oct 18 dont buy and as for iptvb= the tvs dont let you run a vpn through so sky are still blocking iptv randomly. ive just ordered new box so when the games cut off i jusr run my laptp with vpn to watch perfectly. im sure your aware that the ended up finnaly releasing a statement saying you might hear sounds on heating up well my tv was on for 4 months  16 hrs adaay and it only got worse so had the new panel fitted that sorts all the clicking problems and yes its all bull***** its temp based cheap below par plastic recycled *****. they will not do well this year buy communty now there is one way i know you can have the website take away the amount of migraines they have suffered since receieving. i had oly bought this for name and the operating system if i was to advise def0 go to nu7470 youi get everything the nu8000 has maybe a slight stagger now and then but still great for its price. if your buying for smart tv i would just go for a decent creen no extras and by a tx5 max android box thats what im going to purchase so i can use von anytim

0 Likes