Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 27-03-2019 09:35 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
totalitarian
First Poster
Options

I thought the 7 series also has issues. I know mine does!

0 Likes
totalitarian
First Poster
Options

Ok replaced my TV today and the new one is still making the clicking sounds. Shocking build quality on these new TVs

0 Likes
Steve31204
Journeyman
Options
Steve here again (the guy with the 65inch UA65NU8000WXXY that ticked like a clock along with the two replacements).
I've been through the painful task of finally getting a refund, and I have bought myself a Sony Bravia KD65X8500F (the equivalent model to the Samsung clock), and so pleased to be free of this issue. The Sony is perfect and i wish i had bought it in the first place.

If you're done with the ticking issue, send it back, get your refund, and buy this tv.
You're welcome.
0 Likes
Alex_Mont
Apprentice
Options

Hello, first i want to thank you all for this topic, bacause i thought i was a serious unlucky person who spent moore than 1000 euros on a premium 2019 Samsung tv led and have now a ghost with loud plastic sounds in my bedroom that its driving me crazy, but after read all this, i see that I am not alone at this moment with this unacceptable problem, i think i`m the first person to report here this problem in Portugal, i saw a few videos here, its exacly the same dam plastic noises here with my Samsung tv led, are so loud noises that I think even my neighbors hear at night.

I have a brand new curved Samsung 65NU76750 Serie 7, with exactly this same loud plastic ticking noises, it`s in my bedroom on the wall so it drives me crazy during the night, someone asked about the position, I already had it in the original support but its now mouted on the wall and makes the same noise in both two ways.

I've woken up several times at night and I even put a big blanket over the TV to get to sleep again.

When we currently buy a premium 2019 TV led with our hard work, it's something to relieve the stress of the outside world and relax when we get home, but in this case, it's something that's up to my patience and good mental state and is simply not acceptable.

They are clearly noises of poor plastics quality which is not achievable for the price that TV costs. 

I'm going to activate the tv warranty, and wait for samsung's response, but if this does not resolve I'll ask for my money back.

i have to say that it`s incredible, how can this be possible in 2019 Samsung premium TV?! Payed so hard for this!

I am completely shocked by this unpleasant situation.

Best regards to you all

0 Likes
WentzLV
Journeyman
Options

My Q6FN (55") started to make popping noise in 3rd day. Starts rougly ~5 mins after turning on the TV. First two hours ~15-20 second interval a crack. After 2-3 hours very rarely cracks can be heard. When turned off, again cracking  with ~20 sec interval about hour or more. Really annoying while you're sleeping you can hear those cracks really loud.

I took my TV to Samsung warranty repair and as I was told they changed power supply.  According to them annoying cracks are gone. I'll get my TV tomorrow to test it myself. Hopefully its working properly now. I'll post an update soon.

Subtitle blooming issue is another downside for this TV.. 

Gvjavo
First Poster
Options

@WentzLV wrote:

My Q6FN (55") started to make popping noise in 3rd day. Starts rougly ~5 mins after turning on the TV. First two hours ~15-20 second interval a crack. After 2-3 hours very rarely cracks can be heard. When turned off, again cracking  with ~20 sec interval about hour or more. Really annoying while you're sleeping you can hear those cracks really loud.

I took my TV to Samsung warranty repair and as I was told they changed power supply.  According to them annoying cracks are gone. I'll get my TV tomorrow to test it myself. Hopefully its working properly now. I'll post an update soon.

Subtitle blooming issue is another downside for this TV.. 

Hello!

I am one more unlucky customer facing the same issue. I bought a 2018 Samsung 55" Q7F QLED 4K UHD Smart TV in Gothenburg, Sweden.

It keeps making this constant click noise. Not planning to change it if it’s only a thermal effect in plastic parts . I don’t have a car and it would be a pain in the a$$ to carry it to the shop, replace it and face the same issue with a new one.

It seems to be a very common issue in Samsung TVs and I hope it will disappear in some months. 

I will keep it in mind when buying a new TV. Samsung will not be my preferred brand anymore, unfortunately.

Cheers 

0 Likes
WentzLV
Journeyman
Options

@Gvjavo wrote:

Hello!

I am one more unlucky customer facing the same issue. I bought a 2018 Samsung 55" Q7F QLED 4K UHD Smart TV in Gothenburg, Sweden.

It keeps making this constant click noise. Not planning to change it if it’s only a thermal effect in plastic parts . I don’t have a car and it would be a pain in the a$$ to carry it to the shop, replace it and face the same issue with a new one.

It seems to be a very common issue in Samsung TVs and I hope it will disappear in some months. 

I will keep it in mind when buying a new TV. Samsung will not be my preferred brand anymore, unfortunately.

Cheers 

In shop where I bought my TV (Riga, Latvia)  there's working a guy who recomended me this TV (few months ago when I was looking for cheaper model) however I decided to go for Q6. About a week ago I showed him video of cracking noise on my TV and he said that his TV has no problems like that at all (no cracks). Also his colleague told me that she bought Q7FN - and her TV also has no clicks.. She recomended me to get TV to warranty repair.. 

Will see tomorrow if power supply change fixed this annoying problem..

0 Likes
simatoran
First Poster
Options

@WentzLV wrote:

@Gvjavo wrote:

Hello!

Cheers 

In shop where I bought my TV (Riga, Latvia)  there's working a guy who recomended me this TV (few months ago when I was looking for cheaper model) however I decided to go for Q6. About a week ago I showed him video of cracking noise on my TV and he said that his TV has no problems like that at all (no cracks). Also his colleague told me that she bought Q7FN - and her TV also has no clicks.. She recomended me to get TV to warranty repair.. 

Will see tomorrow if power supply change fixed this annoying problem..

Can you please keep us updated? I really would like to know whether the power supply replacement has fixed this issue or not. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
WentzLV
Journeyman
Options

@simatoran wrote:

Can you please keep us updated? I really would like to know whether the power supply replacement has fixed this issue or not. Thanks in advance. 

Sure! I will post an update tomorrow.

I really hope this will fix the problem..

0 Likes
Tuben
First Poster
Options

My TV had this problem, but today it just stopped making the sounds. It used to pop several times per minute. So strange, but now I feel happy. 

0 Likes