Support

Open search

Samsung TV UE65KU6400 vertical dark band

First Poster

Hi there,

My just more than two year old (and therefore just out of warranty) television has begun to show a top-to-bottom darker area or shadow just to the left of centre.

I was appalled to learn that a local Samsung-recommended repairer has quoted me €200 MORE THAN THE COST of the original television(!) just to supply the part - labour NOT included!

I am obviously very disappointed that such a new and expensive television is showing such a problem - I understand it is a problem that other people have experienced... Is there anyone from Samsung who would care to comment on this matter?

Many thanks

Rik

IMG_0755.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @rikkog 

We're sad to hear this. Could you run a picture test for us and send a photo of the beach scene displayed? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test. Does the banding show there?

First Poster

hi @ChrisM

Yup I went through the tests with a French Samsung techie, before he put me in touch with a local(-ish) repair outfit that quoted over €1500 for the replacement panel.  Here are the photos - I think the grey is visible even on the grey banded test screens...

Do you work for Samsung, ChrisM?

Cheers

RikIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0810.JPGIMG_0811.JPG

Top Liked Authors