Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV UE65KU6400 vertical dark band

(Topic created on: 02-08-2019 11:26 AM)
rikkog
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

My just more than two year old (and therefore just out of warranty) television has begun to show a top-to-bottom darker area or shadow just to the left of centre.

I was appalled to learn that a local Samsung-recommended repairer has quoted me €200 MORE THAN THE COST of the original television(!) just to supply the part - labour NOT included!

I am obviously very disappointed that such a new and expensive television is showing such a problem - I understand it is a problem that other people have experienced... Is there anyone from Samsung who would care to comment on this matter?

Many thanks

Rik

IMG_0755.JPG

47 REPLIES 47
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @rikkog 

We're sad to hear this. Could you run a picture test for us and send a photo of the beach scene displayed? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test. Does the banding show there?

0 Likes
rikkog
Apprentice
Options

hi @ChrisM

Yup I went through the tests with a French Samsung techie, before he put me in touch with a local(-ish) repair outfit that quoted over €1500 for the replacement panel.  Here are the photos - I think the grey is visible even on the grey banded test screens...

Do you work for Samsung, ChrisM?

Cheers

RikIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0810.JPGIMG_0811.JPG

VinnyB
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, and your right, many people have the same thing. So, if we are out of warranty and this is a common fault of Samsung.....and the cost to repair is more than the TVs' value!!! What do we do? Throw it away and buy a different brand? I tell you this much, I normally buy lesser brands that Samsung, and those TVs never went bad after a few years!!!

rikkog
Apprentice
Options

Hey Vinny8

Sorry to hear you have this problem.

I have tried and failed to get any help from Samsung either UK (as it removes a language difficulty when talking about technical issues) or France.  The answer is either Repair it or Live with it. Or, as you say, chuck it and buy something else - not economically possible for me...

I have learned to live with it.  After a few months I have got used to it and really don't even think about it for most programmes or films etc. I am reminded of it most when watching eg rugby as it stands proud and ugly on the large expanse of green of the pitch... 😞

It's probably most disappointing when other people watch because they're reasonably impressed with it overall, e.g size v how thin it is etc. so to have then to explain away a fairly obvious huge technical failure is pretty cr@p.

Let me know if you find any solution.

Cheers

0 Likes
VinnyB
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I will let you know if I find any solution, certainly.

My issue is in the exact same location as well, so Samsung obviously have an issue there that needs addressing. It cannot be much wrong, so no idea why its expensive to fix, I'd bet someone with a bit of knowledge could do it easy. Looks to me as if its something like a lens slip or something like that, i mean, how bad can it be?

Anyway, I will let you know if I find anything and you do the same :smiling-face:

Thanks

0 Likes
vsfisher
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever come up with a solution for the vertical dark band? My 55" Samsung (less than 2 years old) has started this.  The dark band also moves. It may be on the left today, but then when tv gets turned on tomorrow, it may be in the center.  PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes
VinnyB
Journeyman
Options

Mines still the same, only its purple now!! I have ended up putting it in the bedroom and took the plasma up to the livingroom instead. Samsung are a letdown!!

Niecy
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same exact problem which started last night. Also this is the second time this has happened to me the first time was August 2019 I was still under warranty so they came and replaced the panel. Now 9 months later and this happens again smh I'm so annoyed and pissed with this situation!!! Did u find a solution?

0 Likes
Niecy
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same exact problem which started last night. Also this is the second time this has happened to me the first time was August 2019 I was still under warranty so they came and replaced the panel. Now 9 months later and this happens again smh I'm so annoyed and pissed with this situation!!!
0 Likes