Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV NS5300 Toslink Audio Optical volume is low to Home Cinema System?

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 03:29 PM)
RayGray
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a 32 inch Samsung NS5300 Television. My home cinema system Sony is Aux cable so I bought a Toslink Optical Audio converter but the maximum volume now available through my home cinema system is only average not loud at all. Why is this and how do I fix the problem? Weirdly if I do a sound test on my TV setting the tone it uses to test is really really loud. However the volume for the TV programmes etc is low?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Punkman
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I think you may have misunderstood what the the issue raised here is. It is not one of issues connecting to other brands external speaker devices but with Samsung's low volume level out put of the optical connection (which doing the sound test demonstrates it can play louder).
0 Likes
raq
Student
Options

Have the same problem on UE55KU6400  connected to Yamaha amplituner. 

Listening TV on -30dB produces the same sound volume as listening to the radio, Spotify, or internet radio on -50db.

Sound volume from TV is very low. I read on another forum that it is a hardware issue. Samsung, will you do anything about it?

Is there any option in Factory Menu, that could fix that? Like PCM gain, or something similar?

Sylvietto
Student
Options

Same issue here with a 55ks7000 and a yamaha RX-V481 connected via optical cable. 

0 Likes
raq
Student
Options

I asked for help and was contacted by Samsung service. They remotely checked my tv and as usual told me that everything is fine and that the problem is probably due to my cable network provider. They are always accusing my provider for everything (Smart Hub connectivity problems, freezing apps, discontinuous video) and never fixing the real problem. All they can do is a factory reset and if it doesn't help, they stop helping you.

Lots of people are complaining on the web and they are treating them with no respect.

0 Likes
Jorge_Machado
First Poster
Options

Also COMPLAINT IN OPTICAL LOW VOLUME. 

I had found that if you select Speakers as audio out and change (max 100) volume and then switch back to optical than volume is changed too and this way you can have better output level. 

SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG 

0 Likes
Mike35x95x1
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with Denon receiver. Luckily Denon had adjustable level volume for each input (max. +12 dB) so it was fixable this way. However the issue is on the Samsung side not the sound receivers!

0 Likes
Name6
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my smart tv. The volume is normal only on Spotify. On YouTube and live tv it's very low and I have to turn it up to the max to make sound of it 

0 Likes
Michal141
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone! I’ve just bought Samsung The Frame QE65LS03BG and plugged it to Pro-Ject DAC Box E. RCA cable goes from DAC to integrated amplifier Electrocompaniet ECI 6 MKII and Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers. As everyone else in the thread claims, the sound level is significantly lower compared to my older Sony TV. I was very surprised that 200 W amplifier with volume turned to maximum gives only normal volume level. I haven’t measured dBs yet, but for sure the amplification of phono signal is easier than from this TV!

0 Likes
pianoman72
First Poster
Options

I fixed the issue on my CU7000. It is a bit of a process. The problem is that the PCM Gain from the factory is set to -9dB. Obviously you want this to be set to 0 so it level isn't being changed.

One of the other posters in this thread had this idea and it was 100% correct.

What I did was I got an old android phone with an IR blaster and installed the app Rcoid free.

Download a Samsung TV remote that was created by SamyGO from within that app.

You will notice that the remote on the app has several extra buttons you need.

With the TV on, press INFO, then Factory.

Use the arrows on the remote to go to control - sound - PCM GAIN

Set it to zero. Don't touch anything else. Power off the TV to exit this service menu.

Hope that helps someone!

0 Likes
DAVIDEMMEDI82
Pioneer
Options

Translator

Translator

Translator

On the service menu of my qled 2019 q70r in the control/sound menu I cannot find pcm gain and db adjustment.

Do you know why and how to fix this?

Thanksss

0 Likes