Support

Open search

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

Apprentice
Go to Which website. They have a letter format you can use. I did this and it triggered a response from John Lewis who checked my past orders and found that I had an extended 5 years warranty! The TV is 4 years and 10 months old! They arranged collection and repair. The engineer knew exactly what the problem was as soon as he saw it. He said it is common for Samsung and LG TVs to have this LED coating failure. It is now back and working well but Samsung were appalling. Never again will I buy one of their sets.
Apprentice
I agree with you. I got lucky with John Lewis- see my other post but it doesn’t absolve Samsung of responsibilities for a poor component in an otherwise good product nor their uncaring attitude. I did get them to respond via Twitter before I had the set repaired by John Lewis. I shall now get back to Samsung on Twitter to try to keep up the pressure in the hope that they might help others less fortunate than myself.
Explorer
It need all Samsung owners to contact Samsung we may all get something done
Explorer
My tv not 3yr old Samsung dont want to know,my warranty has expired BUT is should not happen I’ve given up talking to Samsung
Explorer
I’ve given up tired to get mine sorted but to no avail DONT BUY SAMSUNG
Explorer
£400 to get mine fixed don’t think so Samsung sucks x
Apprentice
You must go back to the retailer. Paul has provided lots of information on this elsewhere in the thread. The retailer is responsible under consumer law. No need for an expensive engineer report either. Just take a clear photo of the screen showing the purple patches.
Top Liked Authors