Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 22-10-2017 11:59 AM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
Jaydeesank1
Journeyman
Options
Go to Which website. They have a letter format you can use. I did this and it triggered a response from John Lewis who checked my past orders and found that I had an extended 5 years warranty! The TV is 4 years and 10 months old! They arranged collection and repair. The engineer knew exactly what the problem was as soon as he saw it. He said it is common for Samsung and LG TVs to have this LED coating failure. It is now back and working well but Samsung were appalling. Never again will I buy one of their sets.
0 Likes
Jaydeesank1
Journeyman
Options
I agree with you. I got lucky with John Lewis- see my other post but it doesn’t absolve Samsung of responsibilities for a poor component in an otherwise good product nor their uncaring attitude. I did get them to respond via Twitter before I had the set repaired by John Lewis. I shall now get back to Samsung on Twitter to try to keep up the pressure in the hope that they might help others less fortunate than myself.
0 Likes
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
It need all Samsung owners to contact Samsung we may all get something done
0 Likes
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
My tv not 3yr old Samsung dont want to know,my warranty has expired BUT is should not happen I’ve given up talking to Samsung
0 Likes
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
I’ve given up tired to get mine sorted but to no avail DONT BUY SAMSUNG
0 Likes
Mj65
Pioneer
Options
£400 to get mine fixed don’t think so Samsung sucks x
0 Likes
Jaydeesank1
Journeyman
Options
You must go back to the retailer. Paul has provided lots of information on this elsewhere in the thread. The retailer is responsible under consumer law. No need for an expensive engineer report either. Just take a clear photo of the screen showing the purple patches.
0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options

After reading so much negativity about Samsung's failure to rectify this apparent worldwide problem.  I will never by another Samsung TV again. I have a Samsung curved TV that has the same problem after about 3 years. Samsung's poor customer service regarding this apparent failure is absolutely horrible. My opinion, DON'T By another Samsung product.

0 Likes
Wangel
Journeyman
Options
I’m in on a class action law suit.
0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

No need for such drastic solutions.  What has happened is that Samsung now provides a free 5-year warrantee on its new expensive panels.  The cheap ones still have a one-year warrantee, but the more expensive ones get a 5-year one (at least in some retailers in the US).

0 Likes