Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 07:10 AM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
Poisonivy
Explorer
Options
We have just noticed a purple patch top left of the screen, our Samsung tv is just 3 years old.
From what I read here Samsung or the retailer will not want to know so it's a case of buying a new TV if it gets worse.
We will never ever buy another Samsung product.
aretzios
Navigator
Options

It makes little difference to Samsung if you do or do not.  However, it is wise to get an extended warrantee or shop in places that show good deference to the consumer (such as membership warehouses).

Although you are not get any relief from Samsung or the retailer, it would be a benefit to us all if you call their support line and report the issue.

0 Likes
Poisonivy
Explorer
Options

It might not matter to Samsung if I don't buy anymore of their products but it will if the many dissatisfied customers here and customers across the UK don't....

I fully intend to report the issue too.

0 Likes
Hockers
Explorer
Options

I have received two emails from Samsung over the festive period, one a standard acknowledgement and the other promising that someone from the customer care team will be in touch, so I will give it until next week before esculating the complaint

0 Likes
Jefrank
Explorer
Options

I got the same problem been on this site before had a conversation with Samsung yesterday they claim I got bad software it's not updated they sent me a brand new updated top of the line software I loaded it to the TV. And guess what I still got freaking purple spots that software didn't do nothing. What's sad is what I found out talking to them they have known this problem existed for years they know there's hundreds of us out here with this problem and they won't do do nothing about it too bad we can all get together and do a class action suit against them to make them pay for their mistakes. They say you have to change the front panel well like there's a new front panel out that works why haven't they been putting it in their television sets I still think we need to sue them

0 Likes
Jefrank
Explorer
Options

I got the same problem been on this site before had a conversation with Samsung yesterday they claim I got bad software it's not updated they sent me a brand new updated top of the line software I loaded it to the TV. And guess what I still got freaking purple spots that software didn't do nothing. What's sad is what I found out talking to them they have known this problem existed for years they know there's hundreds of us out here with this problem and they won't do do nothing about it too bad we can all get together and do a class action suit against them to make them pay for their mistakes. They say you have to change the front panel well like there's a new front panel out that works why haven't they been putting it in their television sets I still think we need to sue them

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Jefrank wrote:

Hi,  have you got transcript of the chat?  That is the proof that it is a known fault which under the 2015 consumer law you have a right to a repair or partial refund upto 6 years after buying.  We have seen lots of owners with this issue,  but Samsung have not upto now admitted it is a known fault. 

I think when dealing with Samsung customer services always try to get what they say in writing or try to record the conversation,  as most phones can do that. 

Again if you can show it is a fault that was known or came with the set,  even though it did not show for a couple of years you should have a claim. 

Remember though,  it is the retailer who is responsible not Samsung so if you wish to start a claim it must be directed at the retailer.  

There is a which link to a form you can use to see if you may be able to claim on the ks owners refund more info thread. 

Paul

rodders1
Apprentice
Options

I have had my TV screen replaced by currys last summer, the £90 was reimbursed after reminding them that was the agreement.  It ws a very quick one week turnaround.

TVs as with all electronic items today last a long time, my expectation would be 10 years, by which tme it would have been replaced by a more uptodate model.  To have a screen needing replacement within 5 or less years demonstrates a failure of design or manufacture and clearly would not be fit for purpose.

0 Likes
Hockers
Explorer
Options
Hi Paul, so far I just have copies of 2 emails from Samsung acknowledging my complaint and claiming a service team member will be in touch. A week later and heard nothing (just as other customers have reported on these posts), so as a long time member of Which?, I will go to them for advice...
0 Likes
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

All they will do is run through the TV's built in tests and then tell you to take it to a service centre for testing, which there is a charge for. 

Then you'll be told that the panel is faulty and because it is not a manufacturing fault (IT IS OBVIOUSLY A MANUFACTURING FAULT), this could cost you around £400 to replace.

You would then need to try to reclaim this cost from your retailer  as the onus is on them to abide with consumer laws regarding reasonable life of the product.

Chances are their attitude will be "**** off or sue me". 

It's all a joke, really. 

I got £150 compensation from Amazon after mine failed about 2.5 years after purchase. Strictly speaking I should have got more, but I didn't want the hassle of a fight for it.

But I'm never buying any Samsung products in my lifetime and I'll let anyone know why they are not a brand to be trusted. 

0 Likes