Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart led tv has a purple patch

(Topic created on: 20-06-2019 11:10 PM)
Vickip
Student
Options

I have a smart led tv Model No is UE48H6400, we have noticed this morning that there is a purple patch on the bottom right hand side. The tv is out of warranty, but I wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if they fixed it? We have run the tests and it shows up in all 3. Thanks 

151 REPLIES 151
Hockers
Explorer
Options
Any joy following the technicians visit?
0 Likes
Jefrank
Explorer
Options

Well I'm not sure what you're talking about I had my TV fixed last year under warranty did a great job.

0 Likes
Jefrank
Explorer
Options

I had the same thing Samsung technician come and look at it replace my panel for free he said that it was a manufacturing defect that came from an overseas manufacturer. And I understand because of all the problems Samsung offered a 5 year warranty for other TV with purple spots

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

True enough.  Apparently, the issue was important one for them to address it with this policy.  To be honest, I have never expected them to address issues with existing panels, although they should have.  Just try to imagine a global company such as Samsung issuing a "recall" affected likely millions of panels.  It would have never happened.

Now, they have a warrantee, most likely underwritten by some insurance company.  On that basis, one can consider buying a new TV from them. 

0 Likes
Yasminq
Student
Options

I'm just gonna jump back in on this thread and say,  I gave up with my purple patch tv. The 'other half' decided to buy a new TV and quite fancied the gimmick of the curved screen. As only Samsung make these, thats what he went for. 

This one too, went faulty. It looked like dark shadows being cast up from the bottom edge of the screen. Currys said we had to have  repair done before they would consider a refund. It took hours speaking to Samsung to get them to understand we have a brand  new TV that is faulty. Eventually, they agreed to send a technician. He said we needed a new screen and also found a second fault with the power supply.  He changed the screen And supply. Withiin months, the same happened with the screen. Again, more hours on the phone an Samsung refused a refund and sent another technician. He said it needed another new screen. We refused and insisted on a refund from Currys. 

Finally, they obliged and we now have a flat screen tv and a 5 year warranty.

0 Likes
mark26652008
First Poster
Options

Just an update to my previous post. I now have 3 purple spots on the screen. Top right top left and bottom left. I called Samsung who played the "sorry your tv ts out of warranty" card. Oh and the whole screen now has a purple pinkish tone. Disgraceful.

0 Likes
aretzios
Navigator
Options

Well, you did not really expect any other reply, did you?  As I said, Samsung now provides a free 5-year warrantee on their more expensive and newer TVs, just to counter-act this.  But there is nothing available for TVs that were sold without this warrantee.  You would need to learn to live with the purple spots or you need to buy a new TV!!

0 Likes
mark26652008
First Poster
Options

It was worth a try. I already got a new tv (NOT A SAMSUNG) and took an extra warranty for £9 a month covering everything including accident's.

0 Likes
Ungruntled
Explorer
Options

@aretzios wrote:

Well, you did not really expect any other reply, did you?  As I said, Samsung now provides a free 5-year warrantee on their more expensive and newer TVs, just to counter-act this.  But there is nothing available for TVs that were sold without this warrantee.  You would need to learn to live with the purple spots or you need to buy a new TV!!

Are you trying to win a medal for the smuggest, most unhelpful posts in this thread? We don't need posts like that, thanks.

The point here is that Samsung made their TVs with an ineffective panel that acts as a timed self-destruct "feature". The fact they seem to have sort-of acknowledged this by extending the warranty on newer TVs doesn't help those of us with this problem. All we can do is report our findings to each other and continue the discussion.

Posts like yours are as bad as Samsung's response to their customers, aka "put up with it or buy a new TV". 

Nethiuz
First Poster
Options
My Samsung 40" 4k TV is 2.5 years old and the purple patch came a YEAR AGO!!!
Now i have two i contacted Samsung and the reply i got was sorry out of warranty.
Well being in Australia i have contacted Consumer Affairs for legal action as a known issue has way way more than a couple of years and legally they have to sort it out!
0 Likes