Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
lxRavenxl
Journeyman
Options

@MattCo123 wrote:

I've been doing the ' hold power button down' fix for a while now and it's getting annoying. It happens after each time we use an app. I know the internet connection is fine. We even have our tv on a separate network than our main one.

Anyone find a solution aside from the remote reset? Thanks.

Use 2.4ghz network . Split ur WiFi on 2.4 and 5.0 on different SSIDs and connect to 2.4ghz for ur tv. I have had no need to rest after that by power on off button 

0 Likes
lxRavenxl
Journeyman
Options

@lxRavenxl wrote:

The remote button reset ( Switch off TV. Turn it on while holding the power button on remote until you see the logo) works.

But that's a work around.

I will find a permanent solution to this and add it here. I think this is to do with your router settings mostly. ( Fixed IP. ipv6 disabled , 5g connection to TV provided 2g with a different SSID as the 5g)

There should be an option to pin the solution so everyone can see it in the beginning of the thread.

In my case the connection drops off randomly using YouTube for instance. It works fine for 2 days or more and then suddenly gets dropped and YouTube or the application you are using starts buffering or gets stuck or stops working.

Edit#1
IPV6 should not be disabled if you have a ISP that can support IPV6. Its good to have for low latency gaming.

So my setup: (Doesnt work without disconnection)
IPV6 active.
Reserved IP address for TV.
5g has a different SSID then 2g
TV connected via 5g Wifi.

Going to check how long this lasts.

After playing around a bit I have come to conclusion that the problem seems to be in TV i.e the Wifi function totally gets disabled on TV. ( Stops working) You can not even find any other wifi connections when the connections drops and you try to look for Wifi signal again via the Network setup option ( It finds no singnal for any network) . Resetting via remote mentioned above actually switches of the TV completely and then starts it. ( Just like if you have unplugged it. In other words it is a soft reset which makes the Wifi starts working again)

Edit#2

So above setup didnt last more than 1 day. Got a disconnection again while watching YouTube. Did a quick remote reboot to get the network connection working again.
Will do a new setup and post the results.

Edit#3

Tried to use the Guest Access service from my router. But that's a NO GO as it disables Apple AirPlay.

Now new setup is :

IPV6 active.
TV connected via 2.4ghz Wifi. ---> Thats the change from previous setup.
Wifi Router is 5 meters away from TV.

This clearly is a problem with the Wifi drivers on the TV. ( its gets disabled occasionally) I have older version of the firmware on the TV ( 1327.0) for QE75Q60R (2019) . The latest one is available ( released on 27/11/2019 i.e 1335.0) Can not update it online as the function is disabled ( dont know why) on TV so have to use the USB to update it. But first I will check the results for 2.4ghz connection. I am not so hopeful this will pass as well. How can Samsung mess up such a feature ( Wifi) Not that its new.

2.4ghz streams Netflix HDR contents without any issue.

Edit#4 (So far "Working" with no disconnects)

TV : Q60R
IPV6 active.
TV connected via 2.4ghz Wifi.
Wifi Router is 5 meters away from TV.

Updated firmware to 1335 (release date 27/11/2019) from 1327 using Flash drive.

Above setup is working OK without any disconnects for 7 Days now.  

(This was my last edit. looks like the Edit#4 setup was my solution)

Use this workaround detailed here 

0 Likes
DBHJ
First Poster
Options

This worked for me.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Konna
First Poster
Options
Perfect solution! It works like magic with me.
Thanks 150DotAve.
ji3430
First Poster
Options
My Samsung 6 series is continually losing internet connection, even though my 2nd Tv has no issues. This is happening frequently & requires me continually resetting the TV settings. This is not what I expect from the brand.
0 Likes
Polly26
First Poster
Options

This has actually for me as well. However Samsung needs to offer a more permanent solution to this problem. 

0 Likes
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options

I am not understanding what the power button has to do with the Wi-Fi not working. And is this something that has to be done everyday?

0 Likes
Yator
Student
Options

Holding down the power button resets the TV. Once I did this I could see the wifi network and connect to it. No, does not need to be done every day. I have only had to do it the once.

0 Likes
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options

Do I do this procedure while the TV is on or off?

0 Likes
keithone15
Journeyman
Options

I think it was off when i did it, try both. turn the TV off hold the button one the remote down for 3 - 5 second  and the light will flash. see how you get on and  let us know.

0 Likes