Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ozmicco wrote:

Hello  i have problem with my samsung Qled 55 wifi i cant conegting İnternet what i need to do please help me 

Hi @ozmicco Firstly check you have the latest firmware.  Have you also tried a factory reset , you could also try switching off   Tv for a minute , holding power button on remote for around 5 seconds till it resets and rebooting router. Another idea is to change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to Manual and enter 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.     If still fails there is also the  option of switching off IPV6 as posted on this page.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For anyobe having password problems with the account on your Tv, you should be able to easily reset it.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00045331/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kpeachezz
First Poster
Options
Holding the power button on the remote down until the tv rebooted worked for me!!
0 Likes
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Great!  Thrre are some great people out here with some super solutions.  Glad it worked for you.

greg

0 Likes
StuOx
First Poster
Options

So i've also experienced this issue for the first time in owning my TV for the last 16 months on Saturday and I'm at a loss for a fix:

- Mobile Hotspot won't work

- Broadband works fine on other devices (Firestick, Phone, Laptop, etc)

- Called Samsung and did a factory reset, DNS changes and Mobile hotspot, none of which worked and the TV does recognise my router but just won't connect to it

- Not sure if Virgin Media is blocking the ISP from my TV or not but Virgin seem to be too dumb to tell me this over the phone and won't admit any fault as my broadband is working on other devices

- Can't try the ethernet method as I don't have a cable long enough to stretch from upstairs to downstairs

- The suggestion from Samsung was to contact my retailer to see if they can fix it, or pay Samsung to get someone out to do a factory reset for me

Any ideas? I'm in the process of trying to get the retailer to come and fix it for me assuming they will under warranty.

0 Likes
Abdelmageed
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue .

It doesn't get fixed.

Is there anyway to get help from Samsung to get this fixed once and forever?

0 Likes
Abdelmageed
First Poster
Options
It doesn't work. Same problem exists.
0 Likes
Annicx
Journeyman
Options

Ha! Good luck with that- Samsung continually deny a problem exists and blame every other product in your household, your broadband provider, you name it. I gave up talking to them in sheer frustration and ended up on here. The only thing that works for a while for me is to unplug and re-set or hold the 'off' button on the remote for a few seconds until you see the Samsung logo and this usually does the trick for a few weeks maybe. Sorry to be so negative, but when you buy a flagship product you sort of expect some back up......

0 Likes
StuOx
First Poster
Options

I've managed to temporarily get the likes of Netflix and prime working again by tracking down my IPS, subnet mask,  default gateway and DNS details and adding them manually. The only trouble is that as soon as you try to switch apps the connection drops off. Going to try splitting the name of my 2G/5G frequencies via logging into my router with an ethernet cable tonight to see I'd that makes a difference. Ive also been told using mesh WIFI systems should help but you're looking at needing to invest £100+ as a result 

0 Likes
ScottLaRoc
Student
Options

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere in this thread but what usually fixes the issue, 9 times out of 10 is holding down the power button until you see the Samsung Splash Logo. This reboots the TV. Wait a few seconds for the internet to reconnect and everything should be working as normal now.

When I launch NetFlix or Prime and get a connection error or a failed to load error, this almost always works.

0 Likes