Support

Open search

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hey Annicx, please try looking at the post I made about a week ago and give it a try
Highlighted
Apprentice
Hey Romik, please have a look at the post I made around a week ago and see if it helps
Highlighted
Apprentice
Hey Greg, please have a look at the post I made around a week ago and see if it helps. I struggled for ages having to switch the tv off and on at source for months and needed a more effective solution. Keen to know if it helps others
Highlighted
Apprentice

try to reset the modem or swap it out

in my case it worked 

have u tried to use network cable instead of WiFi? In my case neither worked 

also try to turn off your router and then use cell phone hot spot and try to connect to internet.   If it works it’s your router and if it doesn’t then it’s the tv.  

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks for the prompt reply- I actually tried holding the remote off button down until it reboots or switches on again- it worked fine, but still dropped out so I had to do it again. It's obviously much easier than unplugging behind the TV unit but still shouldn't be necessary. I'll try your fix. Interesting that Samsung claimed to have no knowledge of this issue....

Highlighted
First Poster

I SOLVED my issues... All you have to do is shut off the TV at the power button on the actual TV, then turn it back on with the same button.  Then I went and did a software update and everything seems to be working fine now.  

Highlighted
First Poster

I did that a bunch of times, and even Samsung provided me a software via USB. After The upgrade worked for a day or two, and then the issue began. Let us know how it goes. The way I solved my problem, is to basically use NVIDEA Shield for all the APPS, never happened again since I made the switch.

Good Luck.

Highlighted

I also could not connect via wifi. Updated firmware via download and USB. Still doe not work. Than I unplugged my new Samsung phone charger which was right next to TV. To my surprise everything is working as it should

Highlighted
Apprentice

From the variety solutions to this issue I can only conclude that if the moon is full and the wind is blowing from the south, and you stand on one foot while trying to resolve,  you just may get your so-called ‘smart’ TV to connect to the internet. That’s my best advice! 😂

Highlighted
Explorer

Yep!

Seems like everyone has experienced the same thing... Samsung insists that it’s the router, and the service provider says it’s the TV!

Top Liked Authors