Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
TasTraveller
Apprentice
Options

Okay its now April 2020 and I have this same problem. There is nothing I havent checked and rechecked and rebooted etc. And I have followed all the suggestions. Its not the TV it is somehow a configuartion that indicates the Wifi is connected but the internet. Help please

0 Likes
Tino46
Explorer
Options

Hi

Seen your post this morning.

Please check out my thread instead. This is quite simply the problem solved!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Wifi-Stopped-On-Smart-TV/m-p/1661960

Let me know how you get on, but still working for me and no problems for months!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@rd1864ss wrote:

Exact procedure will depend on your router but they are similar, instructions should have come with your device  but you can find information on the internet.  For instance the router log in page for  BT is 192.168.1.254  and Sky is  192.168.0.1

I will list information about generic routers but you can easily find out the  IP Address by the following method:

Windows – Start command prompt and type  ipconfig. The Default Gateway  will indicate the IP address  of router. macOS  - System Preferences > Network > Advanced > TCP/IP will  display  the router’s IP address.

The user name is usually admin, you can see default passwords on the link and if it does not work pressing the reset button for 10 second should sort that out.    Once accessed for your security you should change the default password.

https://www.netspotapp.com/how-to-log-into-router 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrasPii
Apprentice
Options

Guys try to Disable this option in the Wireless Settings. It worked for me. 

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 14.02.49.png 

Sarath
Student
Options

Holding down the power button on the remote till the TV resets  has worked for me. Thank you. 

TasTraveller
Apprentice
Options

Hi James

Thanks for this information and link.  I hadnt known this before. I gave up and have ordered a new (free) modem/router from my ISP. If that doesnt fix the problem then I will follow the guidance of this site. Many thanks and much appreciated. Cheers, Helen

TasTraveller
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andras I am not sure where to find this dialogue box. I gave up and have ordered a new (free) router/modem. If that doesnt solve the problem I will ask you to help me find that option.  Many thanks for your response.  Cheers, Helen

0 Likes
TasTraveller
Apprentice
Options

Hi Sarath  I tried that and it either snapped the TV on or off - I couldnt hold down either way with any effect.  But I tried. I have now ordered a new (free) modem/router and hope that the problems will disappear. Thanks for your contribution. much appreciated. Cheers, Helen

0 Likes
lxRavenxl
Journeyman
Options

@TasTraveller wrote:

Hi Sarath  I tried that and it either snapped the TV on or off - I couldnt hold down either way with any effect.  But I tried. I have now ordered a new (free) modem/router and hope that the problems will disappear. Thanks for your contribution. much appreciated. Cheers, Helen

@TasTraveller 

While u are waiting for your New router . 

try this with your current router as settings. 

Reserved IP address for TV.
5g has a different SSID then 2.4g
TV connected via 2.4ghz Wifi

0 Likes
Rk4810
First Poster
Options

Samsung tv (un60ku6300) continuously drops WiFi signal multiple times a day. No problem with WiFi router or ISP. No other devices drop connection. Just tv. Only way to fix is to unplug tv and plug back in. Have done multiple settings resets. No power strip connection. Software up to date ( t-jzl6akuc-1241.5, by-s). Need a fix badly.

0 Likes