Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 23-12-2018 02:02 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Mju
Journeyman
Options

I think all the WORKAROUNDs have been covered in this thread.

also people, please read the previous posts. It says WiFi AND Ethernet. Not only WiFi.

solutions to make it connect to your WiFi router is really no point in sharing as the problem is software on the TV failing to refesh the network connection without either unplugging or rebooting the TV itself.

Doing so should not be advocated as a solution. Involving other devices is not focusing on the actual issue, that ONLY Samsung can fix with a firmware update!

This is a problem even on their flagship TVs and makes for a terrible experience.

Grouperkng
First Poster
Options

I have been dealing with the same stuff for months.  Get it working again using duct tape and cheap super glue.  This time mine hasn't connected in a month.  

I have both 2.4 and 5 but they are under different names from the router co.  The names are not too far off one says 2.4 ine says 5 and the password is the same for both.  All the tricks from the past worked but not any more.  Tried unplugging tv for 10 min unhooked power cord from tv and wall.  Changed DNS 8888,8844, 4221 and nothing.  Thing just spins searching for router.  I have an old smart tv.  The good old Model# PN51E550D1F

Model code# PN51E550D1FXZA

Manufactured Oct 2012.

So since I purchased the TV its worked with wifi for maybe 4 months max.  I am not going to buy another Samsung unfortunately because its pretty ridiculous that brand new tvs are having the same issues I have had for 6yrs.  

I am still rocking the 2006 or 2007 50 or 55in LCD Samsung in the living room.  That TV has countless hours, love it.  It isn't a smart tv but its reliable.  One of the first gen LCD screens.  But I can't justify buying another Samsung TV if they aren't going to fix the ***** issue. I wana watch Netflix and Amazon stuff or look something up.  Can't do it without the PS4 hooked up.  It doesn't have an issue getting wifi but the tv does lol.

I am out of guesses.  I am just gonna buy another brand and hope for the best.  Shouldn't need to hop on 1 foot while holding the power button on the remote with yer right index finger not left right, while trying to key in DNS numbers and unplugging the tv for 10 min.  Not on a new tv like some of yall are dealing with.  

I would expect that ***** if I were still back in 92 with a 2hr wait for my AOL dial up to finally bust through while using hacks to make it go faster just to get into a chat room to tell someone to kiss meh ass 😁.

Or play Euchre on POGO.

Anyhoo maybe my antenna finally burned out.  Doubt it because every now and then it will pick up wifi in the area but do nothing with them.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Merry Christmas 

Aaz1
First Poster
Options

Ok. I have had a nightmare with this issue. And after pulling hair hair out, I think I’ve finally solved it. It was an issue with my internet router settings (virgin media hub3). I logged into the WiFi settings and changed the automatic channel switching to OFF, also turned off the 5ghz signal. Bingo!! A week later (touch wood) issue of “network error”/cannot connect to the internet” has gone and now tv is working fine!! Thank me later😁

0 Likes
ND09
First Poster
Options

@Bobik wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Updating the firmware

'

My questions are :

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Bobik wrote:

Hello,

- Updating the firmware

'

My questions are :

I had a similar issue, my 10 month old Samsung 55” 4K Smart TV lost the WiFi connection but a IT colleague of mine at work asked me if I’ve tried turning the TV off from the wall & not just on the remote?? 

I hadnt but thought it’s worth ago & tried it!

All I did was pulled the tv plug from the wall socket & waited 5 mins & plug it back in, bingo I got my tv connected straight away to my tv .....  Happy Days 

0 Likes
ND09
First Poster
Options

I hada similar issue, my 10 month old Samsung 55” 4K Smart TV lost the WiFi connection but a IT colleague of mine at work asked me if I’ve tried turning the TV off from the wall & not just on the remote?? 

I hadnt but thought it’s worth ago & tried it!

All I did was pulled the tv plug from the wall socket & waited 5 mins & plug it back in, bingo I got my tv connected straight away to my tv .....  Happy Days 

0 Likes
Mju
Journeyman
Options

Please!

no more ISP or unplugging TV from the wall socket.

That a device, wifi or Ethernet, does not get a network connection while other devices that are connected do means that that device is not as it should be.

plain and simple.

I am suspecting that the firmware is programmed to ping an external server, in order to check if it is connected.

if that is in Korea, many ISPs might have problems with that.

let Samsung come with the solutions.

i would be interested to hear if anyone could sniff their network traffic right after connecting the TV to the wall.

Forchemchick
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever find a fix to this problem? For the past week i have been having to reset the network settings and re-enter my password everytime i turn the tv on. Its making me crazy!  

0 Likes
Forchemchick
Apprentice
Options
Im in the same boat. TV is 4 mths old and im re-entering the password every time.
Forchemchick
Apprentice
Options
How do you rename it?
0 Likes
Heinekinz
Journeyman
Options
Contact the store you bought the TV from or contact samsung directly. They will send out a technician and sort it out. The technician told me personally that the TV does not support fibre. He also said that the 5ghz and 2ghz signal confuses the TV. They fix it though with a work around. I havnt had any problems since.
0 Likes