Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 28-02-2020 08:42 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
MandyJo
Journeyman
Options

Holding down the power button on the remote each time I want to turn it on until I see the Samsung Logo always works from me. It's a pain, but the easiest solution for someone who isn't so tech savy.

0 Likes
Nene371
First Poster
Options
Thanks this worked !
0 Likes
surfshoptom
Journeyman
Options

I just solved the wifi problem.  I tried everything.  I called Samsung twice and they helped me try everything again. Finally, the second gal said I have a problem that they don't know anything about and I need to call a  licensed Samsung repair facility.  So I called.  They said they would come out for $109 to assess the problem and charge me possibly more to fix it.  I said thanks but no.  I found a used wifi module on Ebay.  I easily installed it today (YouTube cideo) and wifi works perfect!  The first Samsung tech gal was rude and unhelpful.  The second gal was more knowlegeable and helpful, but lied through her teeth when she said Samsung has no knowledge of any wifi issues.  THEY SHOULD STEP UP AND GIVE EVERYONE A NEW WIFI MODULE AS SOON AS THEY CALL.  THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND SEEM TO BE USING IT AS A PROFIT CENTER FOR THEIR SERVICE REPS. BS.

0 Likes
MandyJo
Journeyman
Options

What is the part number for the wifi module? I may look into this as a pernament solution! TIA

0 Likes
surfshoptom
Journeyman
Options

I sent you an email reply. I hope you got it. I thought I'd answer here as well FBO others. The answer is that there are several different wifi modules.  You have to figure out which one your TV has.  You can take the back off your TV and see the part number of your wifi module. My module was down on the lower left. It was easy to remove, identify and replace. Or you can go to ShopJimmy.com. You put in your TV model number and it tells you the wifi module part number.  You can buy a wifi module on Ebay or from ShopJimmy. ShopJimmy also has helpful videos.  I'm not affiliated.  I didn't buy mine from there. I found one used on Ebay for under $10.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

Tv stopped connecting to internet 

0 Likes
Collie27
First Poster
Options
Had the same issue and THANK YOU!!! It worked!!!
0 Likes
Trusha
First Poster
Options

Hi

After the first storm, TV wouldn't connect to sky box

Just installed Vodafone broadband, no issues

Go back to sky and perhaps get a new box

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
What worked?
0 Likes
Webby955
First Poster
Options

My TV dropped it's Ethernet setting this morning. I hadn't changed anything.

Just stopped working.

Connected to Wireless ok.

In Settings, I saw that IP Address etc showed as 0.0.0.0.

I manually configured these using a spare IP Address, using Subnet Mask & Gateway setting from 'ipconfig' command on my PC.

Switched TV off/on with remote & connected to Wired network.

0 Likes