Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 04:31 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
bettygirlsboy
First Poster
Options

Spent hours tryng everything to connect to the internet....  But this is the only thing that worked for me... Wish i had seen it first off, it would have saved me sooo much time. A Big Thank you from me..

0 Likes
sirlancealatte
First Poster
Options

Reset your modem through the cable company or your app on your phone. Dont just unplug. I tried everything!! This really works!! I almost cried man tears.

0 Likes
Sunnyc
Student
Options

After much trial and error I think I've fixed my problem. I spoke to Richer Sounds who had absolutely no idea about the issues being faced by their samsung product customers. 

I was scheduled a visit from an engineer that took my TV away and replaced the wifi module to a new one. When the TV was returned there were cracks in the base and the bezel was cracked on the left side (I took pictures before they took it so they dont have a leg to stand on). The TV still had the same wifi problem.

The fix was to create a guest network running on the 2.4ghz frequency. Many samsung TVS that had the recent update cant switch between 5ghz and 2.4ghz simultaneously and if you have Virgin media like me, the super hub 3.0 runs the same network name and password in both 2.4 and 5ghz at the same time. 

Most wifi enabled devices can switch and select but it turns out that the samsung tvs cant and when they flip between the two they lose connection. 

The fix is to give the tv it's own 2.4ghz network ssid and bing. No confusion in the tv and it just works. 

Still not the best for a product that costs 800 quid but atleast it works now. 

Samsung fix your firmware!

0 Likes
carldavis
First Poster
Options

So, I've had the same problem as everyone here for a few months now. 

While I can't be certain that it wasn't a software update that caused the connection between the televisions Smart Hub and my router to start going haywire, I am pretty convinced for me it was because I had an upgrade of my router just before problems started. 

My old hub was years old, and so I assume only worked on 2.4ghz. My new one has the capability for both 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies. From looking at previous posts, it seems the tv has problems with newer dual band routers, and 2.4ghz is best for stability.

After going into my own router settings and switching 5ghz capability off, then going through the setup on the tv again, everything works perfectly and as fast as it ever has, with YouTube videos booting into life near instantaneously. I'm averaging 40 to 60ish Mbps in a small house, router about 20 meters away but through 2 walls. No problems. 

Fingers crossed this is now fixed, and I'll update of anything arises. 

Of course, of you have other devices on 5ghz, you can create a separate guest wifi just for the tv to enjoy the benefits of whatever you prefer (see above), but I have to say my creaky old Macbook is much faster at loading webpages since the changes also. 

Seems the upgrade in stability doesn't affect speed for me much at all.

Worth a try. I had got so frustrated that I was looking at buying a wifi repeater with Ethernet, a Cromecast for smart functions or even getting my IP provider to move the internet connection to behind the tv and connecting directly to Ethernet to sort it. Glad to have seemingly saved the time and money. 

0 Likes
TH10
First Poster
Options

I have used the method suggested and it worked a treat. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I've been struggling with this for several hours. So glad I came here and found your solution. Press and hold the power button. Ugh. Wish I had known that hours ago.
Deeder
First Poster
Options

Thank You! This worked! I can't believe it worked. I was pulling my hair out trying. I restarted the modem and tried putting in the info manually all to no avail. But this simple fix worked immediately!

0 Likes
ray100299
First Poster
Options
Worked for me as well, Q80R 55inch
0 Likes
DWM1702
First Poster
Options

To Deeder:

Hi... could you tell me which one of the solutions presented finally worked for you?  Thanks/!

0 Likes
Deeder
First Poster
Options

Just push and hold the power button

0 Likes