Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 12:49 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Erikbro09
Apprentice
Options

Yeah 12 minutes that's a bit too long for a reset lol ... The way I do it is by holding the power button while the TV is on. It should turn of the tv And keep holding it down till the "QLED" letters come up. Then you could let go of the power button.  
The red light under the tv should blink rapidly while your holding down the power button. 
Good luck !

0 Likes
Jjmgolf
First Poster
Options
I was having so many problems and this actually worked. Switch from obtain automatically to manual then back to obtain automatically. Thanks for the help!
0 Likes
technotrailsguy
First Poster
Options
thanks.. really helpful!
gtest
Explorer
Options

I have connection problems but via the Utp-cable. I have changed the cable and even the switch-box. (Not solved it)

Sometimes disconnecting the mains from the TV works.

Samsung 👎👎👎

0 Likes
Bleedbluez
First Poster
Options

PROBLEM FIXED!!  All of a sudden the tv stopped connecyto internet. Tried all this nonsense fixes but what worked was doing a hard factory reset on router modem and tv. That’s all!!  Not too difficult. 

0 Likes
Dark9t316
First Poster
Options

UN65KU6300F TV here. 

This will cost you a small penny if you are still experiencing the problem, but I solved the the  problem simply by switching over to wired using a Wifi Extender with an ethernet port. Sounds redundant to buy a wifi module for the tv but the tv wifi module is clearly broken. 

Here is a list of things I tried and still failed to connect consistently, which leads me to believe ultimately there's something wrong with the software or hardware, and if you're out if warranty, you're screwed cause they will take your thru hours of mindless scripted troubleshooting and might not be free.  

1. Soft restart tv (power button) 

2. Soft restart tv (hold power button)

3. Hard reset tv (unplug tv)

4. Connecting to alternate wifi (comcast and phone tether) then reconnect to original wifi

5. Restore factory setting

6. Reserve IP

7. Update latest firmware, it's already automatically up to date and whoops it's 1 version higher than what's posted on Samsung's website!

I love Samsung and its products but this is pretty ridiculous. 

0 Likes
rogerwilker
Apprentice
Options
I posted the solution to this weeks ago. Had an Android streaming box(TX-6) plugged into the TV set. Had seen an earlier comment that someone had the same problem and solved it. Solution was simple. When I unplugged the TX-6 box from the TV set, wifi connection was established again.
0 Likes
FabioFr
First Poster
Options

I have had this problem for months with my mothers TV. Tried every single fix on this trend, even had the TV replaced by the usless Samsung Muppets. In the end the fix was simple, I went out and bought an AppleTV and hooked it up. She now has the smart tv I bought her thanks to Apple!!!! 

0 Likes
Sunnyc
Student
Options
This is rubbish right! My series 6 has updated to firmware 1280.5 and ever since then it cant keep a connection to the wifi when I watch Netflix, Prime, or YT. Everything went bad when the firmware auto updated a few weeks ago. I have to switch the tv on and off for it to reset the network and even then it will only hold a wifi connection for around 20 minutes and then loose it. COME ON SAMSUNG!
0 Likes
Merino-Noir
Pioneer
Options

@150DotAve wrote:

I've tried many different "fixes" to try and resolve the problem. Came across a trhead that suggested holding down the power button on the remote unit the TV reboots. Tried it and it worked. TV has been connected since without issue.

NO WAY - The problem is back within 24 hours!

0 Likes