Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 10-10-2019 04:08 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
porshacat
First Poster
Options
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
It worked. 😊 👍
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Glad it worked out.  There are lots of horror stories for this problem... where nothing worked!

Gary10
First Poster
Options

I had this exact same issue. The fix on my Samsung tv was simple. I aimed the Samsung remote at my tv, pressed and held the power button until 'Reseting' came up on the tv screen ( approx. 5 seconds), let go of the power button as the tv resets itself ( approx 30 seconds) . Viola, my internet connect was fully restored and I did not lose any of my tv settings. Gary

Greg8491
Explorer
Options

My TV finally started connecting to the internet correctly when I did the power reset as well.  

0 Likes
Magpie
First Poster
Options

Me too ! S/W version 1270 on model UE55MU8000. Watching Netflix or you tube and internet connection drops out. Only way to reset it is to turn the TV off for at least 10 mins.  It's doing this several times a day.  All other gadgets are fine on our wifi, so it's just the TV. 

When you say aim the Samsung remote to the TV and press and hold the power button, i've tried this and it never comes up with resetting.  The screen goes black, then it comes back on.  

0 Likes
GeloPL
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I think I found final solution of our problems.

The cause of the problem is connection to the network which has IPv6 transmission enabled.

For some time my TV has same bahavior. (Netflix stops after few minutes, internet speed drops to 0)

The answer found on Polish Samsung forum, posted by @vdsl2 user.

All you need to do is to check you IPS for active IPv6 prefix.
Samsung TV SmartHub seems to not like IPv6 protocol.

Enter the site on your PC and check your network:
https://test-ipv6.com/

If you have IPv6 turn ON by your IPS you have to TURN IT OFF (use IPv4 old protocol). You could do this by accessing your router configuration, or by contatct your IPS support (depends on IPS provider).

Currently, more and more Internet providers are activating IPv6 as the default protocol ( In poland Orange, UPC)

In my case IPv6 was Active.

After disabling my wifi in tv (2017 MU series) works perfect again!

Jane8
Student
Options
You are a total life saver! I’ve been dealing with this problem for months now and was so mad about Samsung and my tv. Tried every solution that was in here but nothing worked. Until I came across to this solution and it worked!! I contacted my internet provider to turn off IPv6, because when I tried to disable it myself, it didn’t turn it 100% off.
Now it’s been working again normally after 3 months. Netflix, Spotify and other apps don’t crash anymore! So happy!

But don’t know if I’d buy another Samsung tv again..
DZ3
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

just wondering if you managed to find the solution of you TV not accepting the password. As i have the same issue

Thanks

0 Likes
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Sorry, I've not had the TV password problem.  Maybe someone else will reply with a solution.

0 Likes
ozmicco
First Poster
Options

Hello  i have problem with my samsung Qled 55 wifi i cant conegting İnternet what i need to do please help me 

0 Likes