Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 11-07-2019 04:11 PM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

I’ve tried the remote power button on several occasions before, with no luck.  Tried again today, and it worked!  My TV is possessed.......

0 Likes
Annicx
Journeyman
Options

Good luck claiming under warranty! I asked about that but got the 'There's no fault so get lost' approach.

0 Likes
Paulojorge1972
First Poster
Options

I had Samsung replace my tv motherboard and have had no issues since! They said they never had to replace a motherboard before and of course blamed everything else under the sun first. Guess what problem solved...

0 Likes
MandyJo
Journeyman
Options

@Paulojorge1972 wrote:

I had Samsung replace my tv motherboard and have had no issues since! They said they never had to replace a motherboard before and of course blamed everything else under the sun first. Guess what problem solved...

So you had the same issue we were having and the motherboard fixed it? Man no wonder they don't want to fix all our tvs, that would be one costly recall/work order fix.

0 Likes
notsosmarttv
Journeyman
Options

No one has heard of Samsung replacing motherboards. Samsung is no help at all backing their products. Yours is the first one Ive heard of being replaced. Are you an attorney? Good for you getting them to do the right thing.

0 Likes
punxundead
Apprentice
Options

Finally I solved this bull***** l... had same problem on my qe65q6, it would only connect via ethernet,  when trying to use wifi no networks were found and gave and error about unknown Mac address for the wifi interface.

I tried a factory reset from the service menu, with the only result of remote controller to be unpaired from tv. Press and hold simultaneously RETURN and PLAY/Pause to restore the pairing

SOLUTION

Enter the Samsung service menu/option and set connection from "wired" to 'wifi_int,' shut down and restart tv.

WiFi WORKING properly with all. my neighborhood networks showing up including my hotspot connection.

CONCLUSIONS

Apparently the 'wired' connection specified in the service menu should be read as "wired only" as we have other modes like 'wifi_int_only' or 'wifi_ext only'. Even the factory reset would not revert the 'wired' mode to wifi_int. 

NOTES

When wifi is connected if you insert your lan cable back it will prompt you with the question: Do. you want to switch to cable connection? Not sure if answering yes will cause the issue again. In case it does, just re-enter the menu service and change it to wifi_int

0 Likes
Pawn
First Poster
Options

Just bought my first smart TV and ended up with the same issue. I read all these threads, contacted customer support who asked me to do a factory result with no satisfactory results.

Fortunately I was still within the cooling off period and decided to swap it against an LG TV. I have no connection issues anymore.

Pity I really liked the picture quality on the Samsung TV but this issue is being ignored.

Greg8491
Explorer
Options

Sorry you have experienced the same issue as we did.  I did finally get my TV to connect to WiFi by holding down the remote’s power switch until the TV re-booted.  I don’t think it is a permanent fix, so I’ll have to do that each time I want to stream something.  Very disappointed in Samsung for that reason.

0 Likes
Rhys56
First Poster
Options
Yes totally unacceptable. I have to reconnect to wifi several times a day even though every other device in my house is fine. Even when the wifi is stable, the tv seems to crash fairly regularly. The support mechanisms on the tv rarely lead to anyone actually contacting me or doing anything to help.
0 Likes
rd1864ss
First Poster
Options
I tried that did not work for me.
0 Likes