Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 01-06-2019 12:32 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

592 REPLIES 592
Tonela
First Poster
Options

@chagito wrote:

its an easy fix but no on your tv, the issue is settings in windows

What a worthless post.

Explain how, and since I use Linux, justify why you posted this

0 Likes
jegadeesh
First Poster
Options

Hi Did you get a solution for this issue.

Facing it always!

0 Likes
MOC1234
Explorer
Options

It's definitely related to internet service providers not being able to connect to a Samsung website. My ISP must have fixed this as nothing else has changed and it started working. It's a shame I ended up buying a 4k fire stick @ £50 whilst it wasn't working. (After months of trying to fix it) I have gone back to using the TV for Netflix and Amazon again now. If you changed ISP may work but you could test this if you have access to mobile internet.  

SMClayton
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this post.  We all of a sudden not able to connect nor see any wifi available.  Once following your advice the available wifi connections were availible and we could then put in password and connect.

0 Likes
DeadPhish
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue. Not able to connect. Started with having to reset settings every time I turned TV on, then not able connect at all.  Not sure if it's a solution for all, but mine started working after going into settings>general>smart features>and turn off 'autorun smart hub' and 'autorun last app'. It just worked on mine and I have no clue if its gonna continue to keep working. I believe  that 'autorun last app' is the issue due to it seemed to start after I started using Sling TV. Hopefully this works for others and keeps working for me. Good luck everyone!

0 Likes
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

My tv does the same thing.  I have to reach behind the tv, turn power off at the surge protector, turn back on, and it then connects to the internet.  Cannot find any other way to do it.  It’s irritating, but it works.

0 Likes
GMS-HOU
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung quit connecting and the only thing that does get me connected is pushing the WPS button on the modem. Every time. What a hassle. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@GMS-HOU wrote:

My Samsung quit connecting and the only thing that does get me connected is pushing the WPS button on the modem. Every time. What a hassle. 

Sounds like a faulty tv. Report to your retailer. 

0 Likes
AdamMitch
First Poster
Options

I’m also having this issue. It’s been working brilliantly for the past two months but this past it’s been unable to connect to the wi-fi unless I unplug it first. I’m wondering if there has been a firmware update which caused this issue. 

0 Likes
Greg8491
Explorer
Options

I have three Samsung TVs, 2 of which connect to the internet flawlessly.  One has never connected with me pulling the power plug behind the set, then it connects fine.  Never have figured it out, so I just gave up.

0 Likes