Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 27-07-2017 09:36 PM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

210 REPLIES 210
oldtube
Explorer
Options

I've updated the app so when you are scrolling thru results, if you press the RETURN or SEARCH buttons it will take you back to the search input. Hope that makes it more useful.

0 Likes
Elbetosan
Apprentice
Options

Forgive my ignorance, but where can I download this Ouldtube app? I've looked for it last night and couldn't find it on the Samsung app store. Thanks.

0 Likes
leonine
First Poster
Options

Maybeso, Cornishov. Wouldn't hurt for someone to speak with a good class action lawyer. Won't get us much money, but if there is a case there it will likely get Youtube back.

0 Likes
oldtube
Explorer
Options
I'm banned to publish the link here, but try search google for "oldtube smart"
0 Likes
frodawgg
First Poster
Options
So, I bought my BD player in 2012 (it might be a 2011 model); no more youtube for me? (I also noticed mlbtv was removed.)
0 Likes
DAS22
First Poster
Options

Youtube does not even show up in my application folder.  When I search on it in smarttv mode, it says not avaialbe.  This used to work just fine.  My TV is UN55D6420

0 Likes
alper
First Poster
Options

so I have bought a UE46ES7000 TV and a BluRay Player in 2012 with not a cheap price, right? then all of a sudden I lost skype functionality and swallowed that with a few hiccups - ms bought it etc..ok- then youtube app disappeared  on both TV and BD why? because flash is dying and youtube switches to html5. what would a respectful seller would do? update their base to support the new circumstances. what did samsung prefer? to upset customers who were the pioneers of samsung smart tv era in 2011 & 2012. 

and there is no technical convincing argument that this compatibility can not be achieved. samsung prefers not to support because this needs investment - developing, testing- with no return since these devices are already sold and samsung will get no payment. 

Is there anything legally can be done?

Compelling
First Poster
Options

@lofty29 wrote:

I need to know

0 Likes
Compelling
First Poster
Options
UN55KU650DF
0 Likes
Alwinder
Journeyman
Options

I have a 2014 Samsumg smart TV,and my YouTube icon also vanished,Samsung says it should work with HTML5,but that is **,it does not!,tried to update,and I get:Your TV software is up to date!

I do not see here any interest from Samsung to fix the problem.What a bunch of retarded ***s!!!

0 Likes