Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 15-07-2017 11:08 AM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

210 REPLIES 210
Greatos
First Poster
Options

Try to play Youtube from your phone, just download an app called Tubio, it will stream web videos  to your TV wirelessly. Although the quality is not the best, its better than nothing.

HTH

0 Likes
emjones48
First Poster
Options

I am sooooo disappointed with this resolve that YT is no longer available on Samsung Smart TV. This is actually one of the reasons I purchased 3 Samsung Smart TVs

👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

Brent-p
First Poster
Options

We have 3 samsung smart tvs 2 of which no longer support YouTube. 

This is very frustrating as YouTube is or was the only app we used. What the hell is this about??? Is there going to be an update for the tvs so we can use YouTube again? If not we will no longer be buying samsung products. We have 4 samsung mobile devices a washing machine and dryer a fridge 3 tvs and a stereo.  Are you they going to make these so we can't use them also? Gutted!

keremthehunter
First Poster
Options

For a tv to be a smart tv there are two important apps. The first is the SKYPE and the second app is the YOUTUBE. At the begining i had both apps, but then first SKYPE last year then last month YOUTUBE were shut down. No need to keep this tv in my house i will go and use my old tube tv.. what am i gonna do with this tv? All day i will look at weather forecast site? No thanks... i am very regretful to buy this tv and paid a lot of money...... 

0 Likes
JPinNJ
First Poster
Options
Sorry about jumping in alittle late, but *****. Its an app if its no longer supported then let us keep the broken app on our sets. Its technically an invasion of our privacy and the corporate control is unexceptable. It takes balls to strong hold your loyal customers into decisions made without a backup plan to cover it.. in regards to a new platform being designed i dont find that to be an acceptable response. Youtube is one app that is running across multiple platforms, its even included in car radio system these days. I was one ( key word WAS) of samsungs strong followers, tv's, cell phones, appliances etc but time to change. I know my change wouldnt put a dent into samsungs financials but atleast i wouldnt be extorted anymore. This really wasnt a good power play on samsungs behalf. This is grounds for false advertisement and a civil action should be place against samsung. Atleast offer credits back to your customers for the product that no longer works as advertised. this is bs and tired of it. thanks for nothing
Nocturna
Journeyman
Options

Saying that I'm extremely upset about this doesn't quite describe my feelings. The YouTube app was undoubtedly the one I used the most, actually all others are perfectly dispensable since I'd rather use my phone or laptop. My Smart TV is now pretty useless as such. Even worse, I've tried opening YouTube through the browser and it always crashes, also tried opening the videos from my phone and transferring to the TV, I get the option to do it but absolutely nothing happens.

I now deeply regret buying this TV when, for the same amount of money I could have bought a not Smart TV with better image quality. As long as I remember this I won't buy a Samsung again.

Consumer_One
First Poster
Options

@JPinNJ wrote:
Sorry about jumping in alittle late, but *****. Its an app if its no longer supported then let us keep the broken app on our sets. Its technically an invasion of our privacy and the corporate control is unexceptable. It takes balls to strong hold your loyal customers into decisions made without a backup plan to cover it.. in regards to a new platform being designed i dont find that to be an acceptable response. Youtube is one app that is running across multiple platforms, its even included in car radio system these days. I was one ( key word WAS) of samsungs strong followers, tv's, cell phones, appliances etc but time to change. I know my change wouldnt put a dent into samsungs financials but atleast i wouldnt be extorted anymore. This really wasnt a good power play on samsungs behalf. This is grounds for false advertisement and a civil action should be place against samsung. Atleast offer credits back to your customers for the product that no longer works as advertised. this is bs and tired of it. thanks for nothing

It might not make a dent in their income? Oh it will. I've seen comment after comment in this post, from people telling Samsung bye. Crowd funding is a thing just as much as we, together, can make crowd defunding a thing. I have several electronics from Samsung all have proven their worth to me, phones, tvs, stereos and computer parts, but what I have discovered over the past couple of months is that Samsung is suffering from a lack of touch with their users due to the mountains of cash between them and before mentioned. Sales will slowly plummet and heads will roll in their corporate offices. The question is whether they will stop these tiny cracks forming, in what will be a full scale lavine, or crash  down like so many other electronic companies have? 

Farahnaz19
First Poster
Options

Why is Youtube not available on my Samsung TV. ? 

I do see other people with your without Samsung Tv which they have Youtube on their tv. Why is that? And how can I download it

thank you, 

0 Likes
kobels
Explorer
Options

Hey, everyone who's got a useless 'smart' tv, I found this on Samsung Australias's Facebook page:

Milestone 2012 for Samsung

best ever smart tv introduced.

What happened there?? My Tv is a 2012 model, I wouldn't say it's best ever!

We should all post on Facebook with our complaints about Samsung.

0 Likes
kobels
Explorer
Options
If your tv is 2012 model, you can no longer download the app, the app store is useless, many apps are not available .
0 Likes