Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 03-07-2017 07:41 AM)
lofty29
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

210 REPLIES 210
kobels
Explorer
Options
Found this on their website
III. Warranty Claim
A. If you consider that the Samsung product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights given to you under Australian Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.

kobels
Explorer
Options
Hi,
we could post on their Facebook page! So many people are not happy with this "fault".
Elbetosan
Apprentice
Options

Been there. Done that.

0 Likes
SamsungSMARTTV
Student
Options
And 1 July no YouTube
Cheap cheap cheap SAMSUNG I never liked them, it is only a matter of time before it catches up with them.
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you for the feedback everyone. 

It's difficult to add to anything further to what I mentioned previously, but we are keen to listen to your comments. We have to ensure that security is paramount for our customers using our devices, which we can't risk by having an un-supported app available. 

Think of it like this, we provide a platform for available apps to be hosted on. The developers will design apps specifically for a particular TV and model. If they focus their development on newer versions of the app, we have to accept that. 

With the above being said, we have passed these comments across to our developers. If there are any updates or further news to share, I will make sure I respond here. 

0 Likes
IAJ
Apprentice
Options

@RyanM wrote:

Thank you for the feedback everyone. 

It's difficult to add to anything further to what I mentioned previously, but we are keen to listen to your comments. We have to ensure that security is paramount for our customers using our devices, which we can't risk by having an un-supported app available. 

Think of it like this, we provide a platform for available apps to be hosted on. The developers will design apps specifically for a particular TV and model. If they focus their development on newer versions of the app, we have to accept that. 

With the above being said, we have passed these comments across to our developers. If there are any updates or further news to share, I will make sure I respond here. 

Thank You RyanM,

I am actually in the market for a new Smart TV and just purchased a Chromcast device for the Smart model I have that will be used in my guest room.  Unfortunately, Samsung will not be considered for my new television choice.  I do hope their future efforts focus on providing a robust experience for their customers. My first experience with a smart TV device was with Web TV which was cutting edge and ahead of it's time at release. 

rperlberg
Journeyman
Options

Think of it like this: I have a Sony TV that my parents got me in the 70's.  It still works.  Does Sony still support it?  Of course not.  It's practically an antique.  But it still works.  It has an analog tuner and no video inputs and I have to hook it up to an RF converter.  But IT STILL WORKS!  No one from Sony showed up at my house to repossess it.  Sony didn't send a signal to remotely disable it.  I paid for a working set and 40 years later I still have a working set.  With Samsung I paid for a smart TV and 4 years later I have a glorified dumb TV.  I don't care if the YouTube app is "unsupported".  You can't just reach out and delete software off of my set without my permission any more than you can break into my home and take the ***** set.  If I want to use unsupported software that's a risk I'm willing to take, but it should be my choice, not yours.

Khurram
Student
Options

Thanks  RyanM for your feedback, if something actually is happening inside your world following our feedback then its appriciated.

But we need to make it clear here that samsung TV is not suppose to act as an open platform like Android/IOS platform. Neither user at the time of buying a TV are expecting a TV to behave like a phone.

There are other choices available in market that enables your tv to connect to the vast world of apps.

And had that be a case, then it should have been clearly mentioned on TV user guide as part of an agreement. becuase I am absolutely not agreed to this point for my TV, and had i knew it earlier i could have bought another TV not this TV with open platform

And even if i consider it true, its obviouldy not an  absolute open platform where every tom/*****/harry are creating apps and uploading it. Samsung must have allowed Google on some monetary basis to enable their app on your TVs. They cant just take off from certain models on their own, they must have had Samung's consent about this action.

The frustatoin here is about How can Samsung allow this to app provider (Google) to remove app from TV?

You have removed Skype earlier when it become part of Microsoft, even that was equally wrong.

I have bought my 55 inch smart tv for more than AUD 2.5K around 4 yrear ago, and having youtube available was one of my decision point for buying this TV.

You need to understand that Smart TV without a Youtube is NOT SMART anymore?

Youtube must be the 2nd most used app, if not first most used app, on people smart tv.

Frankly we want this decision to be revereted, and we truly believe that Samsung has all the neccesary means to bring youtube back. 

hope to see some positive update about this matter SOON.

Thanks.

SamsungSMARTTV
Student
Options

Absolutely,

I am wondering what is next on the hit list, are you sure we will have internet explorer after sometime. 

How about the smart hub itself, will it function the way it is now?

lots of questions to ask? Everyone uses third party apps and they update their services as a platform they don't choose to drop the app.

That's a cheap excuse, what is the future of their other gadgets ? If they can get away with this, for sure they won't stop here.

oceanicmanta
Explorer
Options

Clearly, Samsung is not going to do an upgrade to support new YouTube version.

Doing the upgrade is not gonna drive more TV sales but will incur more costs.

It is an extremely short-sighted approach and it is apparent in their other products as well.
Eg) Their Samsung phones become problematic after around 3 years (eg wifi issues) and nothing is done to rectify.

Samsung is getting away with it with slick marketing campaigns and there are ready buyers.

We now know better. 

The way to get even is to spread the word. Tell everyone about it.

Keep posting & refer friends to this thread.

Karma.