Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV says Youtube will no longer be availabe fron 30Th June. WHY?

(Topic created on: 27-05-2019 12:12 PM)
Apps
Apprentice
Options

I think it's  a rip off.... how com its available on new models....... i used my tv mainly for YouTube and now i cant after paying so much for it..... They must be something that Samsung can do.

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Apps wrote:

I think it's  a rip off.... how com its available on new models....... i used my tv mainly for YouTube and now i cant after paying so much for it..... They must be something that Samsung can do.

Hi @Apps. due to a software upgrade The You Tube app is incompatible with some older Tv's  (dated prior to 2013), however if you don't fall into this category I'd suggest you report your model and the precise issue encountered so that it can be investigated further.

The issue has been covered extensively in other threads https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-Smart-TV-says-Youtube-will-no-longer-be-a...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Mel_Hess
First Poster
Options
This is definitely a factor in my next smart TV purchase...one of the most popular video sites not available!
Moemoe
First Poster
Options

Why would you remove YouTube on 2011 and 2012 smart TV's? Is it a tactic by Samsung to have people purchase new TV's? 

This is extremely unfair. The box my tv came in clearly advertised YouTube, not YouTube for "x" amount of years. 

Although I've been very happy with my 3 Samsung TV's our most recent purchase was NOT a Samsung. Instead we purchased a 65" Sony 4K tv. And we opted to not shop for a samsung for this exact reason. This is how you lose customers. And each customer will share their experience with all their family and friends. Bad move on Samsung's part. 

AntS
Options

@Moemoe wrote:

Why would you remove YouTube on 2011 and 2012 smart TV's? Is it a tactic by Samsung to have people purchase new TV's? 

This is extremely unfair. The box my tv came in clearly advertised YouTube, not YouTube for "x" amount of years. 

Although I've been very happy with my 3 Samsung TV's our most recent purchase was NOT a Samsung. Instead we purchased a 65" Sony 4K tv. And we opted to not shop for a samsung for this exact reason. This is how you lose customers. And each customer will share their experience with all their family and friends. Bad move on Samsung's part. 

It was across a range of brands and devices. You can find further info here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?hl=en-GB

Freewheelingf
First Poster
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Moemoe wrote:

It was across a range of brands and devices. You can find further info here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?hl=en-GB

So Samsung thinks that because Sony and Panasonic TV models are affected too that I'll think it's OK. No it is not Samsung as there are plenty of other brands that are not. I'll never buy a Samsung TV or any other Samsung product again. 

Jlc80
Student
Options

I’ve loved my Samsung tv but very frustrating that software including apps are not keeping up to date. May have to look at alternatives; surely Samsung can manage a wide scale software update to allow all popular apps eg YouTube Netflix etc remain available on smart TVs.  Five years is not long to own a TV -msamsung need a creative solution if it’s going to keep its customer base

kisumisu
First Poster
Options

Yep its only an bad excuse.

I was also in the way to buy an smart tv.

But will not buy. Atleast not Samsung.

I can even watch Youtube in an 10 Year old Nokia smartphone where almost nothing else works. So big LOL that its some hardware issue to play youtube!!

Good solution to these problems is just to buy some other external device.

Many cheap android boxes are in the Chinese market :smiling-face: even an dumb CRT tv can have youtube then! :smiling-face: