Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV just started giving me internet problems again

(Topic created on: 21-02-2019 12:27 PM)
TheMLGTurtle
Apprentice
Options

Oh boy, here we go again. So I got the 32 inch Samsung Smart TV (model:UN32M4500BFXZA) on Christmas. It was fine for the first few days then started giving me internet problems. I resolved this eventually by using a wired connection via a wifi extender. Now, today it started acting up again. I reset the network settings, tried wireless and wired, looked at a bunch of other forums of the same topic, but nothing. I was going to try entering in the IP settings manually, but I have no idea what to put. I am getting very annoyed by this issue and it really is making me angry. The fact that this is a common problem is very stupid. Also sidenote: Usually when I try a wireless connection, it keeps saying "Wired connection failed" whenever I try to open YouTube or another app. Keep in mind that I reset the network settings before re-entering them. That is why I went to a wired connection, but now it is giving me the error that it can not obtain an IP address.UN32M4500BFXZA

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

When you input manual IP settings, you can copy your IPv4 as it was written while using automatic detection mode. As far as DNS settings go, you can input 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 for Cloudflare and Google public DNS resolvers respectively (both well known and respected in the networking community).

I also have connection issues, both on wired and wireless, and setting the IP manually did not resolve the issue. I have contacted Samsung UK support about this, and after going through generic network troubleshooting (reset this, reset that) the issue has not been resolved. In the end they have pointed me toward my regional Samsung support which is going through the same procedure of generic nonsense workarounds.

P.S. link to my forum thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/QLED-2018-models-real-world-experience-firmware-v...

If you experience the same behavior, please leave a comment or a like, as this needs to be resolved A.S.A.P.

There is something terribley wrong with their implementation, and they simply dont want to admit it, not fix it. Like you said yourself it's a well known issue within they customer community.

Solution
TheMLGTurtle
Apprentice
Options

I 100% agree. I got it working just by connecting wirelessly, and it just started giving me problems again. So, I had to reset the network settings and connect wirelessly again. This is honestly ticking me off because if I knew these TVs had this issue I would have never gotten it. I am contemplating getting an Amazon Fire USB stick or some sort of blu-ray player that has apps like YouTube and Netflix built into it. Samsung is one of the top tier companies yet they don't know how to install LAN cards correctly in their TVs or put cheap ones in them. I expect to get for what I pay for. Never buying a smart TV from them ever again. You can't resolve the issue when you put cheap LAN cards in your TVs that have a high rate of being faulty. No matter what you do, no matter how many times you reset, you have to deal with it and that is the sad truth. I hope they realize this after all of their customers are complaining about having the same issue. They need to address this and fix this because otherwise no one is going to buy smart TVs from them ever again. This reminds me of the GTX 1070 and 1080 FTW graphics cards from EVGA. A few years ago, they cheaped out by saving a few cents a graphics cards by not putting thermal pads in them to help the heat escape while it's running. That caused a lot of them to catch on fire. Yes, literally on fire. What did they do? They addressed the issue and offered to fix all cards that are sent to them for free no charge and return them back to you. Or, you could purchase a new one for free. What saved the company a few cents cost them hundreds of thousands most likely. Cheaping out isn't always the answer.

surfshoptom
Journeyman
Options

i just solved the wifi problem.  I tried everything.  I called Samsung twice and they helped me try everything again. Finally, the second gal said I have a problem that they don't know anything about and I needed to call a  licensed Samsung repair facility.  So I called.  They said they would come out for $109 to assess the fix and charge me possibly more to fix the TV.  I said thanks but no.  I found a used wifi module on Ebay.  I installed it today and wifi works perfect!  The first Samsung tech gal was rude and unhelpful.  The second gal was more knowlegeable and helpful, but lied through her teeth when she said Samsung has no knowledge of any wifi issues.  THEY SHOULD STEP UP AND GIVE EVERYONE A NEW WIFI MODULE AS SOON AS THEY CALL.  THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND SEEM TO BE USING IT AS A PROFIT CENTER FOR THEIR SERVICE REPS. BS.

TheMLGTurtle
Apprentice
Options

Can you link the wifi module for me? That would be greatly appreciated. I have a LG 4k 43 inch smart TV that works fantastic now, but I gave the Samsung one to my sister. So, I could still try to fix it.

0 Likes
surfshoptom
Journeyman
Options

I sent you an email reply. I hope you got it. I thought I'd answer here as well FBO others. The answer is that there are several different wifi modules.  You have to figure out which one your TV has.  You can take the back off your TV and see the part number of your wifi module. My module was down on the lower left. It was easy to remove, identify and replace. Or you can go to ShopJimmy.com. You put in your TV model number and it tells you the wifi module part number.  You can buy a wifi module on Ebay or from ShopJimmy. ShopJimmy also has helpful videos.  I'm not affiliated.  I didn't buy mine from there. I found one used on Ebay for under $10.

0 Likes