Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart TV and Philips SHC8535 no longer working

(Topic created on: 04-06-2019 08:57 PM)
lasszanti
First Poster
Options

We have a samsung smart TV and have Philips SHC8535 headphones. They've both worked together with no issue for 5 years however several weeks ago the headphones no longer work with the TV. The headphones are working as we've tried them on other devices, with no issue but the headphones and TV no longer seem to co-operate. Any ideas how i can rectify this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@lasszanti: Please can you confirm the model number of your Smart TV and I will look into this for you. In the meantime please go to Settings > Support > Software Update (sometimes found under 'Self Diagnosis') and check to see if there are any available updates for your TV.
0 Likes
lasszanti
First Poster
Options

The model number of the TV is UE55JU657OU. The problem began after installing the last update, but I'll see if there are any new updates. Thank you for your help. I can't see what's gone wrong.

0 Likes
lasszanti
First Poster
Options

i've checked and there are no new updates available.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
No problem. I've just had a look and can see that the latest software for this model is 1530.1. If you see that the TV's current software version is not up to date, but you can't update via WiFi, then please check the following link and download Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1530.1 (MULTI LANGUAGE) to a USB stick.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55JU6570UXZF/

If you go to Menu > Sound > Speaker Settings > Bluetooth Headphones > Bluetooth Headphones List, are you able to see the headphones in here when in pairing mode?
0 Likes
lasszanti
First Poster
Options

I've checked the settings and the TV is showing the 1530.1 version. The speakers don's show in the Bluetooth headphones list however the soundbar does show. The headphones are going through audio in/out using a jack. Although the headphones are wireless I don't believe they have Bluetooth connectivity.

0 Likes