Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart TV Switches On & then Off Continually

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 03:51 PM)
Sykes
Apprentice
Options

Hi my sons Samsung Smart TV Model UE40F651SS switches On,the Smart TV Icons display, the screen goes dark & then switches off. Looking at the US Community Forum this looks to be a common fault.

Anyone know if this is an easy fix?  Can't say I'm that impressed looking at the number of posts about it. 

If I have to throw it away, I feel a change of Manufacturer will have to be the next choice , which couldn't be more badly timed with Corona Virus issues .

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Sykes 

Could you tell us the current software version of the TV please? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

Sykes
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris, dont think you read my post fully. The TV turn on and then off in a loop....its rubbish.

I've asked a local shop if they need it for any spare parts. Buy LG is the recommendation to avoid this particular issue.

0 Likes
Ashmount6
Apprentice
Options

I am currently having the same issue

0 Likes
Sykes
Apprentice
Options

Hi Ash, Turns out it's a common fault & the only fix is some random part from Poland or Romania.... so the tv ended up in the bin. Good luck if yours has a different part gone.

0 Likes
Ashmount6
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have since been intouch with Samsung customer services which advised me to contact FX Limitted for repair.

I have been quoted £100 call out fee and £85.78 for a part (VSS).  There repair has a warranty of only 3 months.

0 Likes