Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart TV Keyboard not working

(Topic created on: 15-09-2019 01:55 AM)
ashoktamil
First Poster
Options

Samsung Smart TV Keyboard not working . Model:UN40KU6300F.

Onscreen Keyboard appears when I open the Web Browser/Apps. But not able to type/navigate to any characters in the keyboard when I press Ok/Up/Down/Left/Arrow buttons in TV Remote. It does nothing when I press those buttons once onscreen keyboard appears.

The other keyboards in YouTube/NetFlix work fine when I press the Remote buttons. Appreciate your suggestions to resolve this issue. I have even tried to reset the TV by doing Self-Diagnosis. But no luck.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

My KS9000 starting doing the same thing recently, not sure if it was after the most recent firmware update. I've fully reset the TV, I've unplugged power to TV for a while, still does not work. Netflix and youtube's keyboard work, but the Samsung built in apps (like trying to search for an app on the appstore or putting in an IP address under Network) don't allow me to move the cursor or select a letter.

0 Likes
giorgi2
First Poster
Options

i have the same problem can anyone help us?

0 Likes
Scoto
First Poster
Options

Did you fixed?

0 Likes
Newton47
Apprentice
Options

I have got this exact same problem did anyone find a solution 

0 Likes
BocaProwler
Explorer
Options

For me, on my KS9000, the solution was to replace the main board inside the TV. Once that was done the keyboard started to work.

0 Likes
Newton47
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for getting back to me .,the strangest thing ..we had a power cut last night and when the power finally came on and I was back on the internet the keyboard was back .. so fingers crossed it will be ok

thanks again  

0 Likes
PremGurung1987
Student
Options

I have the same issue on my TV. How did u got this solved ?

0 Likes
Newton47
Apprentice
Options

Hi I found that because the tv was with out power therefore switched off during a power cut it reset its self so when I switched it back on the keyboard was back hope you get it sorted 

Kaan
First Poster
Options

Hai friends same issues on my smart tv 

But I cleared

It's YouTube update problem..

Jus go to tv  

From ur TV remote 

Press settings 

Go to smart TV

Reset smart TV

Press ok