Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV Airplay function not working

(Topic created on: 21-06-2019 09:35 AM)
hud123
Student
Options

I have just gotten a new update on my samsung tv 2018 version, there is additional menu "Airplay settings", however although its "on", my mac doest detect the airplay display. Both mac and tv are on the same WIFI as I can use chromecast.

I have tried to plug off the tv and turn on again, still the same, I am on update 1251.

TV Model : UA49NU7100

Any idea?

109 REPLIES 109
Megagabe
Journeyman
Options

Yeah. That's exactly what happens with me too. I was just talking to Samsung and According to the gentleman I was talking to there should be a firmware update coming out next week to fix it. So look for that. 

vmv86
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've Apple TV app on my Samsung UE55NU7093 (Software 1252), but I don't see Airplay icon on my Macbook Pro (Mojave 10.14.5) or neither my iPhone 6S (iOS 12.3.1) can't find television as an airplay destination.

All devices are in the same WIFI network and also I've enabled Airplay on my mac.IMG_3904.JPG

0 Likes
Megagabe
Journeyman
Options

Hello. 

Airplay is separate from the Apple TV app. Think of The apple TV app as Netflix. Its a streaming service app. 

Airplay is part of your TV. It would be handled in your airplay settings.

Airplay is also only working on 2019 Samsung TVs (according to Samsung). 

They are working on fixing airplay for 2018 Samsung TVs. 

The reason you Apple devices need to be up to date is because it uses apples new airplay 2. Macs must be on Mojave and be airplay 2 compatible. iOS devices must be running iOS 12 and be airplay 2 compatible. 

To see if your devices are airplay 2 compatible. Call apple support and ask. Or search their support threads.

image.jpg

0 Likes
Jrmach
First Poster
Options

I shut off IPv6 and it started to work for me again... But then the Pc Stopped connecting. So I f I want to connect the windows pc I turn on IPV6. If I want to connect the airplay I turn off IPV6..

Go to samsung settings General network then expert settings and shut off IPV6....

Worked for me!!!!

lupodimare
First Poster
Options

just purchased  6th August 2019 - samsung Q60 55" running system 1303 

no airplay or smart view functionality

1. reset tv

2. reset router

3. all apple devices up to date - ios 12.4

smartview on apple shows my TV but will not connect.

love the TV - annyoing that this is'nt working/fixed will call samsung today

lmmmm
Student
Options

same exact thing. I first upgraded the macbook to mojave but only 10.14, nothing shows up in the dropdown menu of the airplay icon in the menu bar. Called Samsung support, absolute waste of time there. Then upgraded the OS again to 10.14.6, now the tv shows up in the list and I can mirror my laptop content to samsung tv finally. The model type is UN43NU6900, the firmware version is 1260. I guess I don't understand why samsung support are not briefed / trained on this topic at all. They didn't know that there's a minimum requirement of OS version for airplay to work and their suggested fixes sounds ridiculous, in my case it is "pull out the plug for the tv and wait for 30 seconds"

0 Likes
lmmmm
Student
Options

you might want to try turn the bluetooth on on your laptop and check the box for the bluetooth to show up in the menu bar. That did the trick for the airplay icon to show up in my menu bar

0 Likes
Muskie
First Poster
Options

That is the behaviour I have with my new Samsung TV. I tested this feature either while the installation guy was here or just after and I could put a picture and a song and a video on the screen, but today I tried to put a song and it will get the album cover and maybe a milisecond of audio then it will stop. The albu cover will remain on the TV and the song will continute to play in the Music app on my iPhone but I can't listen to it. I rebooted both devices. The Internet and Wifi are both working I can get audio and video from YouTube for instance.

0 Likes
barneywilliams
First Poster
Options

This is the same problem I have with my MacBook. Worked the first few times, and then it crashed once. Ever since, the TV never responds, and then my MacBook ends up showing a connection error after about 1 minute.

RobertKirchoff
Apprentice
Options

my Samsung TV shows up on the screen mirroring list on one our iPhones but won't connect, and doesn't show up at all on the other. Clunky poorly designed technology.