Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Remote with Sky Q - Up and Down not working in Sky menu

(Topic created on: 14-08-2019 09:01 PM)
gdsouza
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

My Samsung Smart Remote has randomly stopped working fully with my Sky Q box. I can hit the home button and bring up the Sky menu, but the moment I try to click down to access the TV Guide, it just doesn't respond. 

I can go left and right, just not up and down?!

Any suggestions? 2018 Samsung QLED with Sky Q (ES240) box. It's worked perfectly fine for the last year but the issue started a few days ago. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Gopemeister
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem for the past couple of days....

Let me know if you find a solution please.

0 Likes
Paula02
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem, just started tonight! Did anybody find a solution? 
thanks 

0 Likes
Gopemeister
First Poster
Options

It seems to have sorted itself out, all workin a few days after the problem started.

Try to update your TV software manually see if that helps?

0 Likes
Chrisgixer
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

es240 q box

q9fn 65 tv

i have what sounds like the same problem, 

smart remote works to control the q box but for 2 functions 

1 press channel button does NOT open q home page

2 push channel button up and down does NOT open the channel guide that scrolls up and down the right hand edge of the screen giving all the sky q channels. 

these 2 options used to work on sky plus hd but only work briefly on this q box. 

have I understood correctly that my problem is the same as yours? 

0 Likes
Martino21
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. I cannot bring up the Sky full menu from my Samsung smart remote. When I press the channel button nothing happens. Help pls!

0 Likes
gdsouza
First Poster
Options

It may be frustrating, but just power everything off and back on. 

If it doesn't work, persevere using your normal Sky remote as it eventually sort itself out. It's happened twice to me over the last 3 years. 

0 Likes
Tsid
First Poster
Options

I have a q80t, 2020 and Cisco Sky Q Box. 

I found that the box only worked in certain orientations when behind the TV with the Universal Remote. Even though it’s Bluetooth, it seems something interferes with the Bluetooth when it’s mounted behind the TV. 

I found mounting it towards the edge of the TV (on the wall) with the front of the SKY box facing out worked for me. 

I had many of the symptoms others talk of (unable to change channels during configuration, intermittently working remote). 

0 Likes
Mazza007
First Poster
Options

Simply hold the power button down on your remote when your on sky sub menu hold until it turns off for 10 secs and then turn back on and all is working again .. you’re welcome 

0 Likes