Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Server Issue

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 03:49 PM)
SteelCityColt
First Poster
Options

All of a sudden I'm having severe issues with my Samsung TV. I keep getting a message "unable to sign into Samsung account" and the option in then grayed out in settings. It also then stops me accessing Plex (though some other Apps work fine). 

If i do a SmartHub Self Diagnosis test it will fail at the DNS test, even if I force the DNS settings to use Google (8.8.8.8) say. If i however use my phone as a hotspot and connect to it as a wireless network, I am able to connect, and oddly if I switch back over to my wired connection that then works too, for a while. If i shut off the TV for a period of time, the same issue reoccurs. Everytime it happens too, it deletes Plex from my Apps. Other Apps remain, and I can still use Prime for example even without being able to contact the servers. 

I have reset my TV, and gone back through the setup process to no avail. It's certainly not a Network/ISP Issue as there internet connection is fine, and I have a few choices about how to route my DNS and none work on the TV but are fine for every other device in the house. 

Getting fed up of the bodge of using hotspot, having to reinstall PLex, link it again, switch back to wired connection to just watch stuff. Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0