Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED Q7F - should it record 2 programs?

(Topic created on: 01-11-2017 08:45 AM)
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

We've just recently had this TV delivered and very happy with it.  We are playing about with other features and found you can schedule recordings, and that it has 2 tuners for Freeview and satellite.  So I plugged in a USB memory stick to test it out.

It seems it allows you to set overlapping programs, but on my tests so far it has failed to record one of the programs, and I'm not sure if this is because the memory stick isn't fast enough to support recording 2 at the same time.

Information in the manual seems to lack any great detail about a lot of the functions so I can't find a definitive answer myself, so should it record 2 overlapping programs and I just need a proper fast enough USB hard-drive to make it work?

Regards 

Phil

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@BRijohn wrote:

Hi I was having same problem I had to go to complete new install when it asks for satellite install it ask if you want single or dual tuners select dual and with a external 1tb hard drive jobs a good one works great. 

What seems to happen is ur works ok for a couple of weeks and then stops scheduled recording. 

0 Likes
BRijohn
Apprentice
Options
Only time will tell I’ve only just done it this week I’ll keep you informed Paul.
BRijohn
Apprentice
Options

It was ok for about 4 weeks now it’s stopped recording altogether I’ve been told it’s a problem with channels returning and to turn off auto retuning in settings ??? Or retuned all my channels ? I give it ago later today and let you know what happens 🤯😡

0 Likes