Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED 65" Q8C 2017

(Topic created on: 21-12-2017 01:34 PM)
snurkle
Student
Options

I took the plunge after a few friends recommended the Samsung Brand to me (first time owner of a Samsung TV), so decided to purchase this TV directly through the online Samsung Shop on Friday 16th June and I took delivery of the item onMonday 19th June.

I set up the TV on Monday evening and everything appeared to be working as expected and I was literally blown away by not only the image but by the design and ease of use of the TV's smart features - the only issue I experienced was that the remote control intermittently had to be paired several times throughout the course of the evening.

On the morning of Tuesday 21st June, the TV would not switch on no matter what I did using the silver remote or the black remote. I then spent 30 minutes checking all the connections were correctly seated with no joy - until I decided to unplug the power cable from the one connect box and reconnected the power after approx 30 seconds - this seemed to work and apart from re-pairing the remote again, everything else was perfect!

However, when I returned home from work on Tuesday evening I switched on the TV and it switched on with no issues and I thought that the problem had finally resolved itself!

Shortly after, I switched off the TV to go and eat and after dinner, when I tried to switch on the TV it simply refused to turn on again. I once again checked all the connections and they were all seated securely and correctly. I then decided to unplug the one connect box (as that seemed to work in the morning). When I plugged the power cable back in to the one connect box the TV started up automatically (i.e. I didn't have to press the remote to switch on) but this time there was an onscreen graphic showing that I needed to plug in both the fibre optic and power cable in to the one connect box (even though they were both already securely plugged in and switched on) so I removed both cables and reconnected them to the one connect box but the onscreen graphic kept popping up -  I must have followed those instructions a dozen or so times but kept getting the same onscreen graphic (I also checked boQLED 1.jpgth the fibre optic and power cables were correctly seated on the TV side - which they were). Not getQLED 2.jpgting anywhere - I decided to unplug the power cables to both the TV and one connect box and leave them alone for a while.

About an hour or so later I plugged both power cables back in and the TV switched on (again, without me pressing anything on the remote control) but only sound came through (the screen was only showing blotchy grey/blue noise and white vertical lines). QLED 3.jpg

Since Tuesday evening, the TV no longer responds to either the silver or black remote and only passes sound with patchy/blotchy screen image with white scratchy lines which are mainly vertical.

At this point, my experience with a Premium Samsung Product has been frustrating and disappointing, and I'm now beginning to wonder whether or not I made the right decision to purchase this product in the first place.

Watching TV shouldn't be a problematic affair with constant troubleshooting and re-pairing of the remote. Something is not right here. I've carefully followed all the instructions in setting up the TV including being extra careful with the fibre optic cable and ensuring there are no kinks or sharp bends.

Whilst troubleshooting my issues and scouring the internet and these Forums I think I have narrowed the problem down to having a faulty one connect box/fibre optic cable due to:

1) the constant pairing of the remote control (button presses don't work and the red LED constantly blinks on the remote for 5 seconds after) until I remove the power cable on the one connect box and effectively power cycle it - then go through the process of re-pairing the remote to the TV system and;

2) the onscreen graphics showing both the power and fibre optic cables needing to be connected to the one connect box - when they are already connected.

Sorry for the long post!

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @snurkle.

We're really sad to hear of the issues you're having with your TV. Are you still experiencing the same problems?

0 Likes
snurkle
Student
Options

Hi @ChrisM

Thanks for reaching out.

After speaking with Samsung Shop Support they swapped out my TV for a new one... recieved it yesterday, and I finally have an image :smiling-face:

The only issue I'm experiencing is the silver 'one remote' doesn't work after the TV has been switched off and has been in standby - it seems to lose it's bluetooth connection.

The black remote control works so have used it to switch the TV on - but it doesn't have voice etc. I believe the black remote is IR only? Interestingly the silver remote can switch the TV off as that uses IR.

I've tried manually pairing the silver remote a few times as per the support article but no joy 😞

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @snurkle.

Glad you got the TV sorted. Let's try re-setting the Smart remote by pressing and holding the 'Return/Extra' buttons until you receive an indication that the remote's been reset. You'll then need to re-pair it back to the TV. Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes
JonathanS
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, model is QE75Q7FAM, with the latest firmware - 1138.  The local reseller here in Israel claims this is "normal". This is a $7k TV - Samsung please help!

IMG_4783IMG_3433IMG_4244IMG_8238IMG_1146

0 Likes
WizzyBang
Apprentice
Options

*I have the same issue on my 3months old QA65Q7FAMWXXY!!

*I was provided a reference number, the job was logged in and the technicians dropped the ball and never got back to me! I booked this for Friday 22Dec and I hope they will show up. I have to resort to my reliable 2017 4K LG which has never skipped a bit.

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 12.21.51 am.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-22 at 12.22.16 am.png

AntS
Options

Hi @WizzyBang. :robothappy:

I deleted one of the pics you posted as it had your phone number in it (although, I was kinda tempted to give you a ring to see how things are in the land of Oz...:robottongue:).

Hope the engineer sorts your TV out. 

0 Likes
Niko610125
First Poster
Options

There is unfortunately a major issue with the optical cable supplied with the new samsung TVs . If they were a car manufacturer there would have been a recall. The leads are not up to the job. I bought my TV at john lewis and they told .me that they had recieved numerous problems reported and booked me an engineer. Within 30 seconds of the engineer arriving he had diagnosed the optical lead. I now have no tv because i have to wait till they send a new one. Poor and then wait till that one breaks down.

0 Likes
WizzyBang
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the late reply!

Turns out the ithe tv had no issues, and surprise it was the optical cable which they replaced.

The tv has been a joy ever since, I also bought a Samsung Subwoofer + soundbar which I hid under my sofa for extra sound effects :winking-face:Screenshot_20180418-131253.jpg1528193227166710806.jpg

AntS
Options

No worries @WizzyBang. Glad to know that it was sorted. And your stuff is looking good there! :robothappy:

0 Likes