Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QLED, 49Q7F - pausing app video (amazon, netflix) on ARC causes clicking

(Topic created on: 26-12-2017 02:49 PM)
roydonaldson
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I have a Samsung QLED 49Q7F and when using video apps, such as amazon prime and netflix. If I am using the ARC output of the HDMI interface, I find that if I pause the video, it outputs a clicking noise over the ARC output ?

I had this exact same setup with a previous Samsung 48inch LED TV and this did not cause these problems with the exact same equipment and apps ?

Any ideas why it would start doing this ?

Thanks,

Roy.

4 REPLIES 4
roydonaldson
Journeyman
Options
I've done some more testing on this and this only seems to occur when the "Digital Output Audio format" is set to DTS Neo 2:5. If I have it set to either PCM or Dolby Digital then it works no problems at all. I can pause and resume with no audio issues. It only seems to occur when outputting DTS Neo 2:5.

When set to DTS Neo 2:5, if I pause amazon video for instance, then it clicks and when I resume, then the audio is distorted. If I change the 'digital output audio format' from DTS to PCM and then from PCM back to DTS when it is doing this, then it fixes it.

szocher
Explorer
Options

Same for me on ue55mu9000. Samsung says it is all ok. Same as resetting speaker output to tv once i switch tv on and off. I guess your audio system is not samsung brand? I also have got old samsung tv and my audio works well. In my opinion one connect box is at fault.

0 Likes
tscalvin
Student
Options

I’m having the same issue. But, mine goes away if I reset the sound to the Samsung soundbar in any way (turn Samsung tv off/on, change input sound from arc to WiFi, switch tv input from Netflix to HDMI1, anything). But it comes back again if the Netflix app is on pause too long.

0 Likes
tscalvin
Student
Options

Update. Still getting clicks on pause only with Samsung TV apps through the Arc/One Connect with a setting of Dolby Digital to to the Samsung Q800 soundbar. I do not get the clicks on pause if the TV sound output is set to Dolby Digital + or DTS Neo 2:5. Any switching from and back only resets to no clicking, but it will come back again on pause, but only with the specific config. Factory resetting both TV sound and the Soundbar does not resolve.

0 Likes