Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE65Q67RATXXU HDMI compatibility issues with Sony Receiver/Amp - solution!

(Topic created on: 17-12-2019 12:29 PM)
xlr8r18
Student
Options

Okay folks

heres what happened.

I own a Sony STR-DN1080 Receiver/Amp into which all my HDMI devices connect into. It then is connected via HDMI to the TV.

However, when i bought my new Samsung QE65Q67RATXXU it simply would not communicate (handshake)  via HDMI no matter what.

It actually sent the display on my Sony Receiver completely "gaga" ! i.e. flickering as if it was getting a loop-back signal of some kind. Occasionally it would sound-pop the odd noise as well , but no image. (TV said, NO Device)

I now believe this is just what it was...an HDMI loopback signal...because here is how  I fixed it (or rather, came up with a "workaround")....

What i did was very simple. I simply added a powered HDMI splitter inbetween the Sony Receiver and the TV!

and everything just started to work perfectly! I believe the introduction of the HDMI splitter was now somehow "blocking" whatever signals the Tv was sending back to the Receiver - (probably trying to detect what it was so it could control it!!)

So, here you go. Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.... 

Solution :

Sony Receiver - add a "powered" HDMI Splitter - TV

= working 100%

1 REPLY 1
xlr8r18
Student
Options

[update] - also tested a "directional one way HDMI lead but that did NOT work. Only the splitter has worked so far. I intend to try out an inline HDMI Extender/repeater (unpowered) just to see if that works. will post findings..

0 Likes