Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QE55Q85R Dolby Atmos eARC issues

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 03:02 AM)
TheGuv
First Poster
Options

Can Samsung or anyone who knows let us know weither the European model of the 2019 QLED Samsung QE55Q85R tv be getting the eARC firmware updates required so I can watch Netflix with full Dolby Atmos not the compressed signal or even zero Dolby Atmos at all. I have a Onkyo 5.1.2 Atmos setup downstairs but for the upstairs QLED Q85R tv I want to receive  Atmos on Netflix with just a 2020 QT model eARC Atmos soundbar. I struggle terribly with arthritis and spine issues and watch weeks upon weeks of tv upstairs at times and from what I can tell this will only work if my tv and soundbar both have eARC together. Unless I'm wrong and somebody has a work around or the correct infomation 

4 REPLIES 4
maddogg69
Apprentice
Options

i wish I knew the answer but don't...however...use the Samsung support online chat - they can give you all the info you need, you can guarantee it is up to date advice, and they are really really helpful ☺

Ritchie72
Navigator
Options

Still no update

0 Likes
portenyo
Pioneer
Options

I asked the samsung support and they didn't know anything about an oficial update for eARC.
I also asked if we could change the one connect box for a new one with eARC... No idea. 
It's hopeless how Samsung is handling this issue. 

0 Likes
Couto50
Student
Options

Samsung treats customers like numbers doesn’t solve anything, moreover it makes no sense to have such expensive and recent equipment and no updates

0 Likes