Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QA65Q7FNAKXXA one connect box model SOC1002NA

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 10:43 PM)
Jemaine84
Student
Options

Good evening, I've recently purchased a 65 inch TV model QA65Q7FNAKXXA, all worked fine until a lightning storm affected it, I've tested the TV with the cable which works fine  but found that the one connect box model SOC1002NA is an issue hence it's not powering up and I can't seem to find a replacement for it, where can I purchase a new box or have the old one sent it for repairs? 

TIA

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello @Jemaine84 ,

You should contact Samsung support in your country to have someone take a look at the problem. I assume your TV is fairly new and warantee should be in effect.

I'm not sure though if Samsung will replace your faulty equipment when it has been damaged from lightning storm. They usually require consumers to use surge protection or UPS otherwise damage from things like that are considered consumer's fault and warantee is void.

I have seen how a OneConnect box is replaced with a new one and I can assure you it's not an easy thing to do because each OneConnect box is paired with the screen and a special remote control is required to open the hidden technician's menu to configure it to match your screen. And even if you get your hands in one of those remote controls, it's not straight forward on how to do that and the information is not available online.. So don't go that road yet until you have received an answer from Samsung support first.

Regards

Jemaine84
Student
Options

Hi, thank you for your advice,  I will try a d send it in for an assessment 1st then will shop around should they not be able to repair it, thanks again. 

0 Likes
davie80
First Poster
Options

Did you manage to get it

0 Likes
Samepi
First Poster
Options

Hello

Same just happened to me.

Did you manage to solve the problem