Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q70R Dirty Screen Effect? Is this a fault?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 09:57 PM)
SaneChoice
Apprentice
Options

Hi Community,

This is hard to explain and even harder to screenshot - the camera does not pick it up so well! Looks worse on the TV.

I have a Q70R and was watching the Lion King (2019) which is in full screen (no cinema black bars) and thought the screen was dirty at the top during bright sky scenes.  (Its not, its only 3 days old!).  The issue is that there are grey 'smudges' at the top of the screen every 2-3 inches or so.  (Please see screenshot with one highlighted in red circle but this goes accross the top of the screen in vertical pattern with the grey "smudges" at the top).  When the scene pans left to right, the smudges remain there and provide that dirty screen effect.  Does not seem to happen on colour scenes - or at least is not detectable.   (EDIT: When performing the Dirty Screen Test you can see the issue at the top and bottom of the screen.  So its not just the top, its both but the film only had light sky at the top). 

Is this a panel issue/fault?  I dont remind going throught the pain of replacement but dont want to end up with the same problem with a new panel if this is just the limitations of the technology. 

Thanks all and look forward to hearing back. 

Brad

screenshot1.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
McMacamac
Journeyman
Options

It's exactly the same on my 55Q70R.. 😕

0 Likes
Narranick
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

When I got my Q70R 65", I had two of these marks. I had the TV replaced and the new one has no marks.

These marks were only visible with a white/light background, however my eye was drawn to them every time they appeared which was incredibly frustrating.

Happy with the replacement and no marks.

0 Likes
SaneChoice
Apprentice
Options

Feels like this is a design issue with these panels. 

I got a replacement unit whichh had less of the Dirty Screen Effect but not completely erradicated. 

Its not the best of intriductions to a Samsung world.  

0 Likes
Harvest87
Journeyman
Options

Mine looks exactly the same! I think that's noch acceplteble at this price range... 

0 Likes
Acapulco
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. But worse. Lots of patches in the screen. One of the HDMI ports of my Q70R failed and they replaced the whole board, the problem is that after that I was able to see six bright circles on the right top of the screen. Samsung replaced my panel and the new one was even WORSE and with horizontal lines. Blooming is more evident than my first panel. I whish they never replaced that HDMI port. My tv looks horrible now. 

0 Likes
JorgeO
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, did samsung change your tv or was it the store where you bought it? Mine is only 4 months old.  

0 Likes
Acapulco
First Poster
Options

I sent some evidence last night to tech support. No answers yet. I'm not sure if they are willing to replace the panel again. I hope they do. But I'm afraid that if they do it the new panel shows worse DSE. I've found cases of people having worse panels every time Samsung replaced them. 

0 Likes