Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung MU7000 Audio Auto-Switching (Bluetooth / ARC)

(Topic created on: 24-04-2019 11:57 PM)
BroomfieldTech
Student
Options

Hello,

I recently purchased the UE49MU7000 and a Sonos Beam.  The Sonos Beam connects using HDMI ARC (and CEC / Anynet+).  I have also paired some bluetooth headphones to the TV.

The problem I am having is that whenever I select to output the audio to my bluetooth headphones, within about 5 seconds the audio returns to the  Sonos Beam.  This happens every time.  If I go and disable Anynet+ I no longer have this problem.  However I don't want to disable Anynet+ as I use the Beam to control the TV.

Q1 - Is this a bug or is there a way to stop the audio from automatically switching back to the Beam?  I don't know if this is linked to the auto-hdmi source input switching for video content but I am on the latest firmware version and cannot see any options to disable auto-detect hdmi

Q2 - On a separate note, is it possible to rename the ARC input from "Receiver(HDMI)"?  The TV recognises the input source as 'Sonos Beam' but for the audio it uses the generic label.

Many thanks in advance

26 REPLIES 26
JanKo23
First Poster
Options

I have that exact same problem with my brand new Samsung Q9FN and the Sonos Beam .... can’t set the audio output to any different source. The TV always switches back to the Beam. Not TV speakers or Bluetooth output possible. 

Hope somebody at Samsung cares as this is their top of the range TV and a really annoying problem. 

Vector
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue Q9 - please someone must know how to fix it!

joema123
First Poster
Options
Just bought the Sonos Beam yesterday and I have the same issue with my Q8FN. Every time I switch to TV speaker output it returns to HDMI output (Sonos Beam) after 5 seconds. Is there a way to stop this from automatically happening? I don't want sound to come out of my Sonos Beam permanently.
mathjunk
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. I have a SAMSUNG 7 Series. I connected a Sonos Beam to it via HDMI ARC, and previously pairs the TV with a Bose QC 2 via Bluetooth. As usual, I would tune on my QC 2, and TV pops up asking me if I want to connect the discovered Bluetooth device. I would confirm. But after about 5 seconds, TV switches back to HDMI. 

Engineers at SAMSUNG, could you please fix this one? You must at least create a Jira for it?

thanks, 

Petri-Fin
First Poster
Options

Same problem with Samsung the Frame 2018.

Bagge
First Poster
Options
Same issue with sonos beam and samsung frame
0 Likes
efarmun
First Poster
Options

I have exactly same issue even in Jun 2020 with the latest firmware on TV. Has anyone been able to find a way around. I expected better from Samsung support. 

0 Likes
Yukes
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue, sounds like a software issue, which unfortunately gives me little hope for any fix anytime soon. 

I’m very surprised by the lack of software support from Samsung, great hardware, but strangely the software side does not commensurate with the quality of their products. I had another problem which required tech assistance and despite acknowledging a problem exists, there’s no indication whatsoever they’re were working to address it. Basically installing the SmartThings app on the phone  causes the Remote one to stop working properly, the tech support simply said, maybe just stop using the app... , rather than the expected line, ‘we’re aware there’s an issue, we’re working to rectify it’, no, just a vague, MAYBE the software engineers will come up with a fix eventually... it’s been several months, no fix, mind boggling!

0 Likes
MarkH1
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my The Frame QE43LS03RAS. By default my sound goes via ARC, but whenever I want to switch to either optical or bluetooth, it reverts to ARC in less than 5 seconds. Very annoying. And don't get me started on the bloatware that comes with the  TV.. It is ridiculous that you're paying good money for a TV with ads. Start to regret my choice..

0 Likes