Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung HG28ED690AB 28 HD Ready SMART Hospitality LED TV

(Topic created on: 04-09-2017 01:25 AM)
PB1963
First Poster
Options

I purchased a

Samsung HG28ED690AB 28 HD Ready SMART Hospitality LED TV and fail to set it up without being on hospitality mode. I want to use this for normal use only. I also cannot manage to pick up my wifi on the TV to enable the smart TV to operate and download apps. Any suggestions.

21 REPLIES 21
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @PB1963,

Did you select 'Standalone setup' when setting up the TV initially? Is the TV not finding any networks, or is it failing to connect? Can you setup a mobile hotspot for testing purposes and let us know if this allows a connection?

AlbertoP
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I also have this problem. I bought this TV two days ago, I set up the "Standalone setup" at the beginning. I have full access to the menu and tools options. However, if I go to Menu -> Network, the options "Network Status" and "Network Settings" are not available. When trying to enter any of them I receive the message "This function isn't available".

I have tried to set up a Wifi hotspot, and it does work, as I can see the network on my laptop. However, because I haven't been able to setup a wifi connection on the TV, the hotspot wouldn't work.

I guess I just need to know why I cannot access the "Network Settings" option.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @AlbertoP,

Can you try this:

• On the remote press: 'Mute, 1, 1, 9, Enter' (This will open the Hotel Options Menu)
  • Select Network > Network Setup (The TV Menu will now appear)
  • Select Network
  • Select Network Settings

Select the Network Type you wish to use and proceed with the setup. 

HUGEMOFO
Student
Options

I am having similar trouble with the model TV, final suffix is XXU (if it helps).

I have no apps other than a web browser and cannot access some menu items as described by others, such as network settings. Since the browser functions, I guess the netwrok must be active.

I tried the tip you gave previously:

• On the remote press: 'Mute, 1, 1, 9, Enter' (This will open the Hotel Options Menu)

This does not open the Hotel Options Menu as stated. In fact, the TV switches on (I see the Samsung Logo) as soon as I press "9". Pressing "Enter" does nothing and I always get the "Home" screen with a large blank box (no antenna is connected), an "Information" button at its top right, and some function boxes down the right side, including Source and Menu.

This is incredibly irritating. I have been trawling the internet for hours, trying different suggestions from countless people and getting nowhere. I just want a TV with smart tv functions, particularly online apps, not just a browser.

Cracker
First Poster
Options

Do what he said. Mute, 1, 1, 9, Enter.

Not only the menu pops up.

Top left of the screen go down to TV Reset.

This is going to ***** off the maintenance guy.

But, I am the maintenance guy.

Start the TV up do it for Digital TV. 

You'll have your apps. But I'm gonna have too set your TV up again!

0 Likes
Maggie1967
First Poster
Options

Hi just purchased the tv mentioned above got the tv on but can't download any apps like it hub etc and Netflix. Any suggestions. We had to reset the tv as it was in hospitality mode obv a return but still no apps any help appreciated. Step by step guide to get the apps as a lady and no clue

Kera
First Poster
Options
Thank you so much. It work for me. I spent 8 months trying to fix my tv. Thanks
Krolltroll
First Poster
Options

What if I don't have original remote

0 Likes
HUGEMOFO
Student
Options