Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung HD UE55ES8000 HDMI issue

(Topic created on: 10-11-2017 07:01 PM)
Keeno
First Poster
Options

Hi all, New to forums.

I wondered if anybody could tell me a probably cause or solution to my problem. Am experiencing problems with TV with HDMI ports. They seem to connect for seconds then video feed begins to blink & I can't seem to detect the problem. I've tried different sources, DVD player etc but it's torture. I've done a reset on menu. Is this a hardware problem or software/firmware.

Regards,
Adam

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
MagicB
Student
Options
Maybe a silly question but have you tried more than one cable and is this all hdmi ports?
0 Likes
Keeno
First Poster
Options

Hi MagicB,

Yes all hdmi ports whats strange is it gets the signal fine then struggles to display it and blinks. Haven't tried another HDMI cables but happens with both hdmi cables from skybox & dvdplayer. Not sure if its software related or not as am frequently checking for updates or its actually the mainboard/internals. WIll try a few different things and see I suppose

0 Likes
Micklen3
Student
Options
Hi, This could be a cable problem. Cheap old HDMI cables dont support HD, you need to make sure you have a decent one that complies with "High Speed + Internet". Its worth a try. Regards Mick
HIFi
Journeyman
Options
Sounds very much like a connectivity problem with the HDMI cable or connectors or port.
0 Likes
isakerol
First Poster
Options

İ have the same problem and I tried so many HDMİ cable all same. Feel like a get the hammer smash down that piece of sh..... 

0 Likes
Keeno
First Poster
Options

I know mate, mine still doesn't work. I've contacted support and they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard and all they can offer me is a repair centre. Think am gonna get Xmas out the way then new TV I think 😞

0 Likes
JE_Forum
First Poster
Options

The problem is caused by the processor in the back of your TV.
The processor dissipates to much heat, the causes the HDMI to malfunction.

https://tweakers.net/reviews/2552/all/samsung-es8000-de-kijker-bekeken.html

See the above site, it is in Dutch.

Pictures says more than thousand words.

The temperature on the cover can easely reach 55 -60 Deg C.

You can feel it clearly by hand.

The inside temperature in the processor and PCB will be much higher.

After startup and the processor is cold, the hdmi will work perfectly.

After 15 minutes the temperature is getting to high.
Solution is:

install heatsink on processor

use small pc fan

Ask Samsung to write better software which will increas the processors efficiency and improve the temperature.

0 Likes