Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 55" Q9F issues

(Topic created on: 17-12-2018 05:50 PM)
BjE
Student
Options

After 45 days my new 55" 9-series stopped working. It was constantly rebooting, seemed like it was unable to pull up the picture on the screen. Prior to that we experienced issues with the box resetting itself. Made changes to apps (favorites), optimized the configuration of picture setup, autodetect of connected boxes (apple TV and STB) and so on was reset to factory default several times. I’ve reported the reboot problem to Samsung, they have sent an engineer (sub-contractor) to my home and he brought the TV to their office to figure out what’s wrong with it. They have now told me that they need to replace some parts of the TV and that the parts are now ordered. Hopefully the parts will arrive before Christmas… We have been without a TV for 17 day. I’ve tried to call Samsung support to tell them that it is unacceptable that their top product stops working after 45 days and that I have to wait for weeks before I have functional TV at home. In my view Samsung should replace the product with a new one. I’m concerned that the fixed TV will stop working again after a while (this seems to be a “blue-Monday TV”…).

3 REPLIES 3
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Hello

Is it possible to explain to us what the fault is exactly?

You are right, you have a product of the last generation, but it is an electronic product, sometimes and by bad luck, it breaks down and the Samsung Support must take care of your request.

However, if you can just tell me what is the breakdown you have on the TV? Probably I could help.

0 Likes
BjE
Student
Options

Not much to describe, the TV is constantly booting. The engieneer has brought it with him. They have ordered some parts for replacement. Not sure if they have identfied the problem though... Are you aware of any bad production batches?

0 Likes
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

I can confirm that there is no wrong manufacture. because personally I also have a Q9 which I am very satisfied, if it broke down it's just bad luck 😞

0 Likes