Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 55 curved TV sound and no picture

(Topic created on: 07-08-2018 08:04 PM)
Stevie1980
First Poster
Options

Hi guys I'm hoping some one can help! I purchased a Samsung 55" curved TV about 2 years ago. A few months back it stared to delvop a fault, all of a sudden the screen turned like a photo negative colour and went black, however I still had sound. I unplugged the tv still no joy, I left this for a week and it started working again for about an hour then it went again.

I called the samsung help line they where as much use as a chocolate tea pot! They suggested I contact my local service centre called them and they advised it's pointless in us fixing it as it would cost you more than buying a new tv abouslotley unacceptable!! Called the samsung help line again and they advised there is nothing they can do, granted I payee £600 for the TV but never expected it to break after 2 years, looking on other forums it looks like a wide spread issue with samsung tv's that samsung are not doing anything about.

I've been a loyal customer to samsung but if this is the way they treat their customers it's abouslotley disgusting and really considering changing my mobile, sound bar, tablet, ear buds, bluray player, washing machine to another brand. 

Anyone out there can help or make an official complaint to samsung as they don't seem to be listing to the voice of the customer TV model number UE55J6300AKXXU

Thanks 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Stevie1980 wrote:

Hi guys I'm hoping some one can help! I purchased a Samsung 55" curved TV about 2 years ago. A few months back it stared to delvop a fault, all of a sudden the screen turned like a photo negative colour and went black, however I still had sound. I unplugged the tv still no joy, I left this for a week and it started working again for about an hour then it went again.

I called the samsung help line they where as much use as a chocolate tea pot! They suggested I contact my local service centre called them and they advised it's pointless in us fixing it as it would cost you more than buying a new tv abouslotley unacceptable!! Called the samsung help line again and they advised there is nothing they can do, granted I payee £600 for the TV but never expected it to break after 2 years, looking on other forums it looks like a wide spread issue with samsung tv's that samsung are not doing anything about.

I've been a loyal customer to samsung but if this is the way they treat their customers it's abouslotley disgusting and really considering changing my mobile, sound bar, tablet, ear buds, bluray player, washing machine to another brand. 

Anyone out there can help or make an official complaint to samsung as they don't seem to be listing to the voice of the customer TV model number UE55J6300AKXXU

Thanks 

Hi @Stevie1980,  You may be able to seek redress from retailer.   After 6 months the onus is more on customer to prove fault at onset but can claim up to 6 years after purchase.  See which guide   https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Wpincumbe
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  Samsung directed me to a technician.  I bout the tv in 16 it first started with backlight issue now the tv screen is completely blank.   Samsung was no help. Not sure technician should be either since we do not have one near us.  What should i d as i paid about $1400 us

0 Likes