Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 50" 6 Series - Missing bluetooth?

(Topic created on: 05-04-2018 08:47 PM)
anthonymcg
First Poster
Options

Hi folks,

I live in Ireland and bought a Samsung 50" 6 Series UHD HDR Smart TV in the sales over Christmas. The model number is UE50KU6020. The spec sheets seem to indicate it has Bluetooth (for connecting to headphones in my intended case) but having checked, I can't find out where and how to enable it. I'm running the latest firmware and have gone to Settings->Sound->Expert Settings but Wireless Speaker Manager is greyed out. When I try to click it into I'm told 'This function isn't available. Any ideas? I'd really like to get it going.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
RAOTIRU
First Poster
Options

Hi  Friend ,

Me too facing the same issue- in  recently bought 50KU7000 UHD series,  Assuemed that basic connectivity like bluetooth is a default feature in any  smart TV.   I wanted to coneect the TV with bluettoth speakers but unfortunalty coulf not do and i ended up  connecting with Optical audio out port of TV.  I was informed  by samsung customer contact person that my TV will not support bluetooth  and there is no solution for this   as model doesnt has any firmware  support.  Did you got any solution for this , if yes then please share . Thanks

0 Likes
Jai_Skorpio
Student
Options

Same here - the TV does not support Bluetooth, so I guess that's that. Since I posted this quite a while ago, I now have a newer model that does have Bluetooth. 

0 Likes
2Andres2
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
Massive
First Poster
Options

I guess I am a late comer to the party 😞   I mean WTF Samsung!  This is the DUMBEST Smart TV I have ever seen.  In fact I don't actually think that I coiuld have conjurred up Specs this utterly mis-matched and under-deployed for no reason what-so-ever.  There is not even any front end unit cost reduction linked to this poor engineering fiasco!!!!!

0 Likes
Rachel14
First Poster
Options

Hi just read your posts and I’m having the same problem. How do I connect my Bluetooth wireless headphones to the tv? Do I use the optical output? If so how do I do it? I’ve been trying to do this for 6 days it’s driving me crazy

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

As far as i can find its another one of Samsung's classic advertise one thing but do something else. Dont think you can do it with out using a third party unit.

G G
0 Likes
Rachel14
First Poster
Options

When you say third party unit what is it I need? Is it something to do with the optical output? This has me so confused

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

Not to do with the optical output that is normally used to transmit the sound signal to an amplifier or sound bar. By 3rd party i mean a wireless transmitter that you plug into the head phone port on the tv than then sends a signal wirelessly to some headphones. Or take the tv back saying you have been sold your tv under falls adverting.

G G
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options

Not to do with the optical output that is normally used to transmit the sound signal to an amplifier or sound bar. By 3rd party i mean a wireless transmitter that you plug into the head phone port on the tv that then sends a signal wirelessly to some headphones. Or take the tv back saying you have been sold your tv under falls adverting.

G G
0 Likes
Lbutler
First Poster
Options

If your model has an optical (TOSLINK/SPDIF) output, you can use a third-party bluetooth transmitter like this one to redirect the sound through the optical output and link to any bluetooth speaker.  I have my 2017 58" UHD linked to my Onyx Mini using this :  

Bluetooth Receiver Transmitter 

I'm not affliated with any company, this model just happened to be the one I bought.  There are several similar items from different manufacturers out there.  Mine cost about $39.00 US.