Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 4k TV Audio Cutting Out

(Topic created on: 24-02-2019 07:03 PM)
SalK
Student
Options

Hello,

I bought a brand new Samsung 4k UHD TV (Model: UE40NU7120) from Argos about 4 days ago and i'm having an issue with the sound cutting out. This issue occurs both over HDMI and when i connected my hitachi sound bar via digital optical cable (I have now disconnected the soundbar and I am using the TV speakers). After about 45 mins to 1 hour the sound just cuts out. The strange thing is when the sound cuts out the tv remote also stops working with the exception of the power button. I have to hold the power button on the remote for around 5 seconds which will turn the tv off and when i turn it back on the sound is back but after 45 mins the sound cuts out again. I've tried every fix available on the internet, i've done multiple factory resets, changed the sound options, i've done everything yet it is still happening. Posting on here is my last resort before taking the tv back for a refund. Can any body help? 

71 REPLIES 71
marty5t
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same problem with the same model of tv,this is actually the second television this is happening on as the first one I had bought had to be returned and I received another dud.I rang up samsung support 3 times and they did a reset off the hdmi ports all to avail.It seems the last thing samsung want to do is admit the tv needs to be repaired which it should be.This will put me off ever buying a Samsung product ever again.

SalK
Student
Options

You pretty much summed it up. It seem there are various faults with a variety of Samsung TV's. Don't think Samsung are going to ever admit it which means it'll never be fixed. I'm not going to bother ringing Samsung, i'm just going to take it back for a refund and spend a bit more on another brand. Don't mind spending a little extra if I get a working TV at the end of it.

bobkeigher
Student
Options

On my Model Samsung QN65Q6fna,  the sound cuts out every few minutes when connected via HDMI. I tried resetting everything, but still no help. I replaced all the cables and even connected a different TV to test and It's this TV. Sadly, This model is just over a year old and was not cheap, but it appears I got a lemon. I have been a huge consumer of Samsung products over the years, but after reading the faulty issues with the HDMI sound by Samsung, it appears their HDMI engineering design is a fail. I will be very wary of purchasing Samsung products going forward.  

Alynnclark
Apprentice
Options

We have the same issue with our Samsung UHD TV 6 Series NU6950. When we turn it on there is audio about only for about 3 minutes and then no audio. We have to switch to another tv station and then switch back to the station we want to watch. So frustrating!

Samsung, what is the fix for this?

mpaoletti1
Journeyman
Options

Same tv, same problem. Sound randomly cuts out, change station and sound is ok and change back to station we were watching. Samsung had me reset sound yesterday but it happened again just a few hours later. My concern is this tv was a Christmas gift from my kids and will it lose sound completely down the road.

Cabo_kev
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with my NU6950. Started the first day I unboxed it and plugged it in.  Samsung support was no help. If it continues after a few weeks I am going to demand a replacement. 

0 Likes
MyhomeTV
First Poster
Options

Same problem TV soundcuts out, we switch stations and go back and everything ok for the duration of watching. Real pain in the xxxx. Any fix reported?

Edgar66
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem with the 6950.   Disappointing.

dbrock35
Student
Options
If I set audio to TV the audio is constant AND Optical also works but you can hear when it drops - proves my issue is optical related. I stream without HDMI connections. Samsung WAS my preferred mfg but having second thoughts after finding this thread.